Comments On Winston's Travels In The UK.

Posted
Rating:
That's fine Lawrence - you follow on from each other so we'll send it to Perth Buddy and you can take the photos together.

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Lawrence, You'll have to make up a 1 foot board, paint it green, stick a small length of track on it and plant a Scottish flag next to the track. Then we'll have two "layouts" than can be photographed together. :thumbs:thumbs :mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi All

Any Members of YMR exhibiting at the leamington show this weekend?  Might be a chance to get a few more done quickly?

Cheers

Jim

Jim Smith-Wright

Rule 1 - Model what you really see and not what you think you know!
www.p4newstreet.com

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi All
Just to quote Robert, posted Friday the 8th.

â€œSome of our UK members, through no fault of their own, do not yet own a model railway, or are financially unable to do much at this time or think they don't have the necessary skills so this is a chance for them too to participate on quite a large scale and to help make them feel as if they really belong, which they do of course“.

Forum members in this group, being one myself; not physically taking part in the project.  
Will appreciate and enjoy every posting/photograph following the progress from start to finish.

From me a big thanks! To all the participating modellers.

When circumstances improve, just this one exercise could be the impetus needed to kick-start a novice into action.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Why not join in Brian ?

All you need is 6" of track and take it down to the promenade and photograph it with a stick of rock or the pavilion in the background.

That's all it needs - you really don't need a layout - some of those already taking part don't have one (including me !!)

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Petermac

6" of track a couple of photo’s of the pavilion in the background, or something suitably Bournemouth.

Convinced (always was easily talked into volunteering).

I will pm my details.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Do I hear the rumble of a diesel engine or the hiss of steam yet Peter?

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I think the plan is to take two pictures at either end of the layout, with some temporary scenic work in place :lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
If I had anythng to do with it, you'd only hear a hiss of steam !!

There's no actual steam yet but, as I type this, the coal is being lit in the firebox.

All being well, provided the tinder is kept dry, Winston Wagon will be in steam tomorrow - January 12th, with onward movement to our Phill on Wednesday.

Fingers crossed everyone !!!

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
"something suitably Bournemouth."  Old Steamer

Bournemouth, eh? I do believe my parents met on a train there.

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
It's a shame they don't still have the yellow trolleybuses grinding up Richmond Hill there!   Winston pictured on the top deck 'looking' out of the front window at the hill ahead would be a classic Bournemouth view!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sounds good to me.

by my calculation if it takes an average of a week turnaround between members then I will receive it mid June and will be away a couple of times in june and July.

Can I therefore make a suggestion Peter, that it is posted on here when Winston is dispatched and received by each recipient so that we can keep track of where it is and have some idea of when it might arrive with us. That way those of us who have holidays booked or are away occasionally with work can forewarn you of any likely delays and you have the opportunity to reschedule the route.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
The idea is that everyone should post their picture here as it passes through so we should always know where it is.

It is now on our show website as well…

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/page/52/KMRE_Wandering_Wagon
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
That's brilliant Chris. :cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

I hope they hold the front page on the Times for us.

Re dates Nick (pnwood) - I have a cunning plan :roll::roll::roll:.  The idea is that you will be informed of postage to you by the person immediately "up line" so I should be able to keep tabs on where Winston is.

Whilst your estimate is probably not too far out, I'd hope that most of us will push Winston on as fast as possible rather than keeping him a week.  I'd rather he was in Cornwall by the end of April than having to chase him up and miss out some stops because he's been held up.

Don't forget, we're also relying on the postal service and we have absolutely no control over that so push him on please guys. :thumbs  Let's pretend he's a hot potato !!!

Whilst it will obviously be impossible to accomodate all holiday plans, if there is a period when you won't be available, please let me know so that I can either re-route or pop in a detour.  It would be dreadful if Winston was sitting in a post box whilst the photographer was drinking tequila sunrises in Acapulco !!!

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
It is now on our show website as well…

Proper Job, Chris! :doublethumb:cheers
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Hi Petermac

Upon reflection. :hmm

Robert is right; (rumble of diesel, hiss of steam),  a nice thought but not the original concept.

The locations I had in mind were, on the bridge between Ringwood and Ashley on the old Castleman way, By the Pullman Carriage at Avon Causeway, Bournemouth Station finally the level crossing at Poole.

Lawrence also has got it right!

:It's a no no  6” of track photographed in a location…

Yes I would have done it, but it’s not a layout. :cool wink

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi All

Well Winston is ready for the off  :)

Cheers

Jim

Jim Smith-Wright

www.p4newstreet.com

Posted
Rating:
First Stop.

A spot of posing outside New Street's signal box

Cant spend too long there though as he needs to head of to Phill's tomorrow  :hi(wheres the smiley for see you next september?)

Cheers

Jim

Last edit: by jim s-w

Jim Smith-Wright

www.p4newstreet.com

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
What a cracker it is too Jim, that looks really great and will do us proud. Love the logo.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Bob but the Logo wasn't me!

Jim

Jim Smith-Wright

www.p4newstreet.com
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.