REALISTIC TREES

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Bob, thank you; I thought (without having any understanding of how these things work)  that all you need do was just to give a link and the viewer could scroll through the threads.

If not, please do whatever you think is for the best.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Those two blue titles of your layouts are links John. Click on either one and it will take you straight to one of your layouts.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Bob, thank you. I'm happy with that.

Posted
Rating:
Now being desperate to make some life-like trees after my efforts turning out like green loo-brushes or mouldy turds-on-a stick, I've tried this thread and few of the links work…is it me?

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Bod
No, it's not you Doug, it's part of the transient nature of this interwebby thing.  All it needs is a person to change their site, change host or not pay their dues and their pages or site can move or disappear into thin air.  The older the link the more chance of this happening.  

I believe there is an archive somewhere that may have images of the sites stored. Someone else may be able to point you in that direction.

p.s.  how do you know what a mouldy turd on a stick looks like?

Last edit: by Bod

Posted
Rating:
[user=433]Bod[/user] wrote:

I believe there is an archive somewhere that may have images of the sites stored. Someone else may be able to point you in that direction.

p.s. how do you know what a mouldy turd on a stick looks like?

Thanks, Bod!

…because I've got one on my layout now, 'sposed to be a cedar……

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Which links are these that don't work Doug?

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I have just deleted the two tree topics by Gwent Rail (Jeff) as he must have gone round deleting his stuff without me knowing. Are there more topics that are 'dead' do you know?

Posted
Rating:
I'll have a look through again soon, Bob, tree-making is not my forte and I need more info/practice.

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Bod has, unfortunately,  hit the nail on the head Doug.

People come and people go.  Sometimes, those who "go" delete chunks of their threads - particularly the photos for some reason - and that leaves the remains not making any kind of sense.

Until a member points it out - as you have in this case - we just don't have the resources to constantly check every link and thread.  I recently spent several hours deleting the "remains" of threads in exatly that condition where the "ex-member" had removed only the photos and left the, now pointless, text behind.

Regardless of the problems it causes for the Mods, I actually think it's a huge pity because it deprives other modellers of their knowledge, hints, tips and tutorials. 

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=312]dooferdog[/user] wrote:
Now being desperate to make some life-like trees after my efforts turning out like green loo-brushes or mouldy turds-on-a stick, I've tried this thread and few of the links work…is it me?

Doug

Hi

I have just looked at your post about making trees - have you looked at the first two entries in this thread - I would hope these would give you some god ideas?  The trees on County Gate are fantastic.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I can help you, Doug.
Try painting your trees green instead of brown.

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
[user=394]ddolfelin[/user] wrote:
I can help you, Doug.
Try painting your trees green instead of brown.

……….sometimes you're the pigeon, other days you're the statue….OK, OK, call me Nelson….

Doug

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.