[poll] How much time do you spend modelling a week?

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thank the Good Lord for that. The thread starter said it guys, it's a week for gawds sake :!:

Week :?:  I'll need to lie down for that long after this discussion :!:
Weak :?:  That's what I'm feeling :!:
Month :?:  I hope it doesn't go on for that long.

By the way, I was confused by the question and so gave my answer for how long I spend modelling over any given three and a half day period :!:  :!:
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
does anyone else have an issue with modelling time in as much as ,i have to keep reminding myself that it is a hobby, and not a job to do .whilst within the hobby there are tasks to be completed, i wake up at night thinking "i must do such and such then remind myself that i am not at work anymore"and that my hobby is at the back of the queue.anyone know what i mean? :shock:

reg
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I know what you mean, Reg. It should be at the back of the queue, but it keeps pushing its way to the front. Or maybe I invite it  :)

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I have found that in my retirement my hobby is my 'work'. I don't get that Monday morning feeling anymore though. Mind you, I don't get paid either. :roll:

Posted
Rating:
Make mine a "Sunday morning feeling :!: "  (Only joking :roll: )  My modelling just relaxes me - and actually helps me think through other things.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I'm the same with the 'thinking through things' Tim, strange and wonderful how the brain can work on so many levels at once.

Posted
Rating:
I find, well when i can get to my model, with the lodger here i cant  :evil:  but i find time just flys by. Tell the wife i be only a hour and what happens, come down and its "oh funny hour that, its been nearer 2 or more"  :? . Well like everyone its enjoyable, you just forget all the woe's and your in a different world whilst your playing, i mean testing.
Phill

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
i love this hobby :)  as some of you know i drive for a living so spend many hours behind a wheel of a lorry. most of my time is spent thinking\divvering about the hobby and what i want to achieve. the rest of the time is spent looking at scenery\bridges etc. before i got back into this i would just drive. now my mind runs ten to the dozen all the time. it's amazing what i notice now :D
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
………and how much time do you spend concentrating on the road, Matt  :?:  :?:  :?:   :roll: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Perry

Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
it should be how much time do you waste doing other things!
thats how i feel now if i am asked to do something else.
 :oops:  :oops:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  8)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
it brakes up the boredum :wink:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
wow this has way more posts then the other polls lol
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
That's right Ben, you never know what you can do (or the discussions you can start) until you give it a go.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Sam
Guest user
Where's the option for my obvious, ermm, ''Predicament''?  :wink:  :lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Also, where is the option for "Not enough because daughter moved back home and is now living in my layout room"

And a request for Sam, shoot that bl**dy cat thing will you, there is just something not right about it.  Plleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssee
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Well i too drive for a living, 10hours a day i am a bus driver, yes come on then laugh at it, i know the old ones too  :D . I do like Matt, im for ever thinking of things i could do and loking at railway sideings etc, sometimes i drive past the bus stops  :? . Anyhow if they dont put there hand out i aint stopping, well i tell my boss thats what happened, he seems to be ok about it as thats what we told too do  :D .
Phill

Posted
Rating:
There seems to be several common themes running through here -

1.  We all spend far less time than we'd like to.  Some, none at all !!

2.  We all have a dear, sweet, loving partner who's perhaps not quite as enthusiastic about trains as we thought when we first met. :lol:  :lol:

3.  Most of us would rather spend our loot on trains than electricity bills, telephone bills, "her" hairdo etc. etc.

4.  We all secretly wish we were Mike in Dordogne - all he does is split the odd log and feed the odd animal.  His boss strips the car engine, re-tiles the roof, treats the woodworm and termites, ploughs the fields AND plays trains !!!!!

I spend more time on here than I do building my layout - I'm still at the "planning" stage :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  but, even without a layout, it's the same "are you wasting time on that thing again - why don't you grow up (and chop some wood like Mike) !!!" 8)  8)  8)  8)

Petermac

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
I put 10-20 per week of actual modelling, that is picking up tools & doing something about the hobby.
Like today - I spent 5 hours tracklaying, tomorrow helping a friend do some DCC wiring so I may only get about 2 hours on my layout.
Somedays I can spend 1 hour or 7 hours.
I also spend about 10 hours a week reading mags & books on the hobby, etc & I think too many hours on this beast.

Being retired from paid work, I suppose I am treating this as unpaid work & I enjoy it.
( In between times , houwork etc spoils the day)
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.