Granby Junction 1948 N. Wales

Posted
Rating:

GWR/LMS OO Gauge DCC RR&Co

[user=540]gdaysydney[/user] wrote:
Hi John,
Is it a recurring error or spasmodic?  
Hi Dave

Sorry for the delay - its only happened twice but that was enough :roll:! I have a feeling it may have happened when I carelessly closed the computor down when TC was still running :oops:. I guess I should take a copy and try that as a test.

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=434]John Dew[/user] wrote:
[user=540]gdaysydney[/user] wrote:
Hi John,
Is it a recurring error or spasmodic?  
Hi Dave

Sorry for the delay - its only happened twice but that was enough :roll:! I have a feeling it may have happened when I carelessly closed the computor down when TC was still running :oops:. I guess I should take a copy and try that as a test.
I can confirm from my own experience that TC doesn't like it if it doesn't go through closing processing.  I have accidentally done this when switching from TC to JMRI software to program a decoder. Sometimes it results in the computer also locking up and I then have to go through a complete "cold" start.
To date I haven't had a corrupted file. ( now that's tempting fate isn't it).

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
Hi John and fellow modellers,

Following our RMWeb messages, YMRC seems to have some functionality, but as McCoy says, it's life Jim, but not as we know it, hence my reply on the existing Granby topic, rather than anything more adventurous!

A big thanks to Chris of Teasel Bay for the heads up that YMRC is back with us, albeit in reduced form, but fingers crossed, as miracles can amaze and delight.

Hoping all remains well, but just in case, it would seem prudent if anyone reading this, who wishes to stay in touch with other members (in case our favourite forum should have further difficulties), sets up an RMWeb account as a standby, as there is a well defined support network and a huge amount of content to explore.

Warmer day here for a Saturday, so after I download the jigsaw, it's down to the garden as spring has begun and there is still much to do, although as soon as my larger set of cutting broaches arrive, I'll be back to my workbench where my small Metro loco kit and its gearbox are waiting.

Peace, be happy,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill,

I didn't even know there'd been a problem. Just goes to show the expert hands we're in.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
I'm still getting issues and posts being rejected. All does not seem well.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
We are in 'limp mode' at the moment Bill, Peter, Colin. Breakage is working on fixes and migration side by side atmo. This WILL take time as he is also incredibly busy in his full time day job and family, kids etc so we need to be patient and give him plenty of time. If I could ask everyone if they are able to, to post in Ricks Ahh technology thread that I hijacked, or the Update thread that Breakage has created, about this and keep normal posts for Granby in here ( and the same for other threads). It will make for less 'cleanup' If/ when we are successful. I THINK that PMs are still working atmo so anyone unable to post in THOSE threads can try dropping me a PM ? 

Thanks

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Longchap)
Grange 3.jpg

Its been a few months since I posted here on Granby - to be honest I was a bit dubious about uploading images. This test was far easier than I imagined and it looks as though I dont have to re size my images - can someone confirm if this is correct?

I guess I had better add a bit of copy:

This is 6832 Brockton Grange having just finished the mid morning Bristol-Chester parcel schedule. I am now the proud owner of three of the new and splendid Accurascale Siphon G vans - more on this in my next post - in consequence the regulat parcel train has been re-marshalled and there has been lots of playing testing and re-programming..

The Hornby model of the Grange class is super reliable and I find them to be more powerful than either the Bachmann or Hornby Halls - I tend to use them on the more complex routines like the Milk and Parcels schedules which involve loco exchanges in the storage yard and dropping off/picking up Tankers or Siphons at Granby

Regards from quite a warm Vancouver 27o

Last edit: by John Dew

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Very nice looking loco, John, and of course these things have to be well and truly tested. :)

Good to see you posting too.

I forgot to mention that I always resize my pic's in photoshop. Takes seconds.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Hi John,

It is good to see you back with news from Granby 👍

Cheers,
Claus

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Welcome back John, picture looks fine from here  :thumbs:

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Wrong livery but nevertheless, a smart looking loco John.

As you know, I've been hibernating for some time but am beginning to wake up again ...........

I missed the last few Granby posts but, having caught up, am feeling very much better now .....

Sorry to hear about your point failures, or rather, polarity switch failures.  Are these Peco switches ?  I understand there are problems associated with them long term.   Unless Tortoise motors are installed, I've always used the Gaugemaster gadget - absolutely no problems with them thus far.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thanks guys- I am glad you liked the post, more to come without such a long delay this time I promise!

I always used to reduce the size of my YMR photos but if it is no longer obligatory then I would much rather not - obviously full size shots look better but it save me a load of time with duplicate files because RMWeb accepts full size.

Spot on Peter, the failed Polarity switch was probably the last Peco switch on Granby installed circa in 2008-9. I switched (sorry!) shortly thereafter to Tortoise which, as you say, are ultra reliable. In 13 years of frequent use not one tortoise has failed whereas I am plagued far too frequently with problems with Peco switches and surface mounted pointst. Gaugemaster is my default polarity switch now for solenoid motors although if I am installing a new surface mounted motor I go for the Rails of Sheffield motor and switch.  

John
Granby III
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.