Yard Security Lights

Posted
Rating:
hi in the second and third pics what sort of wire is it that runs down the rail and did you solder it to the led
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Max, wouldn't the Washer short out the wires when you put it on the top? what other name do you call CA glue ???
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Warren, can I refer you to Post #20 ?
CA    - Cyano Acrylate is commonly known as  Superglue.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi Shaun.  I use a lot of rainbow wire.  It's a 16 multicoloured core flat strip used in computers.  I stripped a piece of the black and used that.  It's soldered to the LED at the top.  It runs up the rail and across to the LED which has been cut off, leaving about 2mm of leg.  That way it doesn't short out on to the other leg which makes the angled support below it.

Thanks for the help, Sol.  I've just got up.  :mutley

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=95]Sol[/user] wrote:
Well why didn't you say so you silly Crow munching Sausage :lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Warren, there are some CA's that are not called SuperGlue but other names as well
http://www.palmlabsadhesives.com/cyanoacrylate-general-purpose
and
Resinlab® Cynergy 6001 General Purpose Cyanoacrylate Adhesive
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Sorry, Warren.  I hate ACRONYMS myself.  ACRONYM is an acronym as well.

I used CA because I can't spell cycro cry annihallate, cryo si anal . . .   super glue.  :oops:

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
. . . before you ask -

Advanced Cryptology Rendering Obviously Nonsensical Yet Meaningful Stuff

Abbreviated Capitalised Realtime Organisational Neological Yeomanlike Memory Surrogates

et. al.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
OK, so it's Super Glue.:thumbs
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=519]Black5[/user] wrote:
[user=95]Sol[/user] wrote:
Well why didn't you say so you silly Crow munching Sausage :lol:
Now there's a nice turn of phrase to a fellow member …………………..(and a Mafiosi too :shock:) :cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
. . . before you ask -

Advanced Cryptology Rendering Obviously Nonsensical Yet Meaningful Stuff

Abbreviated Capitalised Realtime Organisational Neological Yeomanlike Memory Surrogates

et. al.

Took me some time before the penny dropped ………….:oops::oops::oops:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Peter.

Crow muncher refers to their state emblem…a 'Crow':lol:… plus they follow a strange footy code down south of the boarder :mutleyvery odd people down there:hmm
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Do they play with sausages then or shouldn't I ask that ? :roll::roll:

And there was me thinking he came from "Blackwood" whereas it seems it's more likely to be "Backwood" ……….but then I'd need to consult my atlas to find Jamison Town - is that somewhere in the middle where it's all red ? :hmm :cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Well Jamisontown is were my Renault lives :hi and you being in Frog land.. you would know Renault's eh :lol:

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Samrt motor. :thumbs

I'm actually a Volvo man myself but can't find anyone locally who can maintain my old 960 Estate so I've been forced to buy a Peugeot.  The Volvo awaits my attention but without a computer to plug in, a pre-war side-valve mechanic like me doesn't have much chance …………

You know what they say about Volvo owners ?  What's the difference between a Volvo and a hedgehog ?  A hedgehog has the pricks on the outside …………………..:roll::roll::roll:

Actually, I'm amazed at French cars - they're not known for being "Vorsprung durch Technik" or anything else "top of the tree" but they spend their lives flogging up and down the motorways at 130 kmph and seldom seem to give up.  Well built without shouting about it I suspect.

So, it seems Jamisontown isn't far from France :roll::roll:  I know there are some Froggie colonies in the southern hemisphere but I didn't think Australia was one of them …………….

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
hi i am going to have a go at making these but all i could get was 6000-8000 mcd hyper bright 3mm leds as i know nothing about this sort of thing will these be ok ? or will they be too bright but they were only a pound for 20 .

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi Shaun

Yes.  They will be fine.  Start with your resistor at 1kOhms and work up until it's how you like it.  Try two in series (2kOhms).  The only way you can damage them will be if the resistance is too low.  They run on about 4 Volts.

Posted
Rating:
hi i got some resitors but not sure of them if you see what i mean i just asked for 12 volt so im clue less when it come to this.they were like a creamy brown colour.

Last edit: by shaun2000

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
If you can tell us the colours on the bands, we will be able to tell you what value they are.  1kOhm are brown black black brown, for example.

Don't worry about being clueless on this.  Try reading my threads on RR&Co.  :shock:  Sometimes I think I'm as thick as two short planks.

There are always plenty here to lend a hand - fortunately for me.  :oops:

Posted
Rating:
hi max the ones ive got are = brown,black red and gold and ive got three= green,blue,brown and gold
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.