Fosters.

UUUrrgh @!!!!!
Beat me to it Bob by just over an hour !!! :cheers:cheers

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Oh well, I suppose it was me that said I'd leave this thread open for another 48 hours :exclam:exclam

Didn't expect all this sort of comment "added" to the discussion though. I'm away for 36 hours and there's nearly two pages if bulls**it added :exclam:exclam :roll::roll::roll: :mutley:mutley

What a cracking forum. :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
We seem to thrive on the stuff Jeff.  :mutley

It looks like we can forget about deleting posts judging by the results of the poll.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Someone actualy drinks Fosters:question:shock:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
At one stage I thought it was made for stripping paint off plastic loco bodies, but it turned out to be much too weak for that.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Is this " Colony bashing " ?

I think discretion had better be the better part of valour for now. 

John.

John.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
[user=388]AUSSIETRAINS[/user] wrote:
Is this " Colony bashing " ?

I think discretion had better be the better part of valour for now. 

John.
The easiest way John is to just ignore then, they do not know what they are missing out on.:exclam
One day, they will realise the errors of their ways & beg for slabs of Fosters to be sent to them :mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Careful guys or I'll mention the cricket…..anyway, it's not just Fosters, all cold fizzy beers fall into the same category.

Having read this thread again, I must say my views have changed.  I hadn't thought that threads may end up as text books and that would remove the very attraction of the forum in the first place.

Last edit: by gordons19

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=388]AUSSIETRAINS[/user] wrote:
Warm Fosters.

UUUrrgh @!!!!!

Fosters at any temperature UUUrrgh :Red Card

Gimme a Grand Ridge Moonshine or, if I have to go mainstream, a Coopers Dark.  None of this icy yellow fizzy stuff. :It's a no no
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
A nice cool Tetley Bitter, blond on the other arm, arrr bliss. Ok the second bit about the blond is long gone :roll:.

Phill

Posted
Rating:
:hmm ……… a dark rum and some blackcurrant ………………….. now that is a star turn! ……. my great grandfather lived to be 96 and smoked an ounce of strong tobacco each day, a tot of rum and a glass of cabbage water when available ……. not so sure on the last one …………………….. the rum helps one's thinking no end!

Long live the Thread!

It's ansome on a grim day with grey skies and a heavy drizzle to have the joys of this site!

Cheers, Bob!

Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posted
Rating:
[user=225]Myansome[/user] wrote:
:hmm ……… a dark rum and some blackcurrant ………………….. now that is a star turn! ……. my great grandfather lived to be 96 and smoked an ounce of strong tobacco each day, a tot of rum and a glass of cabbage water when available ……. not so sure on the last one …………………….. the rum helps one's thinking no end!

Long live the Thread!

It's ansome on a grim day with grey skies and a heavy drizzle to have the joys of this site!

Cheers, Bob!
I think the cabbage water helps at the other end John !!  My Dad always drank a mug of it during winter when cabbage was king - he lived to be 58 so I no longer drink it  !!!!!

Last edit: by Petermac

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Come on Guys, what the a nice glass of wine !! Peter ...........
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=285]Alan[/user] wrote:
Come on Guys, what the a nice glass of wine !! Peter ………..

I have a few bottles here which require my attention before I am no longer permitted such luxuries.  For the time being at any rate.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Sounds like you should save them until you come over next year ;-)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
BLG
Guest user
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
:hmm Now is it wine good for the soul or the spirit? I enjoy baking and cooking, particularly using the Floydian method ……. a glass of red wine helps the recipes although the Bishop's Punch for the family get together yesterday, with its red wine and brandy left me with a slight hangover. Mixing with statins is perhaps not a good idea! :thud

I remember an old Any Capp cartoon, Rick where while in hospital he has a drip fitted with beer! :mutleyMaybe your hospital will have a Foster's Therapy. :Happy:cheers

Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
I can see both the point for and against this suggestion.  There are indeed many posts that may be just a smiley or "well don" but to remove those would, IMHO, detract from the friendly "over a pint" chatter that makes this forum what it is.

Certainly some posts being remved would make absolutely no difference to the thread but where to draw the line ?  As Bob says, the work load in doing so is huge - is it really necessary.

I wouldn't want a "text book" type thread, as MikeC put it so well,  that's not, to me, what this form is about.  There are plenty of text books around dealing with "instructing" on railway modelling.

As bandwidth isn't a problem, reading the threads as they stand immediately sets one at ease - you learn something, you have a smile at the "banter" and feel "involved".

I'm voting to leave well alone - but, like Mike, I'm not telling others what to do.  It's just my personal preference.

I agree with Peter Mac, why fix something that isn't broke, the banter, jokes and other forums/threads should remain complete otherwise the site will lose it's unique character and continuity, that includes the humour forum and the birthday threads.  What's with this mania for deleting threads anyway?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I don't think you have anything to worry about BM as it looks as if things are going to stay exactly as they are.(Sigh of relief from the Fat Controller)
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.