new house kit

Posted
Rating:
hahaha no its not the wife i was sat in front of the tv at the table :
Looks a good kit Shaun, and it also looks as if it goes together well, you might want to think about  running a felt tip pen the same colour as the card on the corners, to take a way the colour of the spilt card.

Who is that in the mirror in photo three, Mrs Shaun ?
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Coming along very well there Shaun :doublethumb.  I have built a couple of Metcalfe kits and like you find they are very well produced and build up both well and quickly.

They can look a little large but I am told they are actually a good fit to the scale and it shows just how much space on the planet (and on the baseboard!) things as simple as houses take up.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I agree :doublethumb

Brian(G)

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
These houses are so typical of certain roads a whole street could be made up of several of these kits, with variations being made to windows doors and conservatories added.

Modelling the gardens could also proove interesting.

Bozzy(never known to pass a pub)

Posted
Rating:

[user=324]Ianbo[/user] wrote:
These houses are so typical of certain roads a whole street could be made up of several of these kits, with variations being made to windows doors and conservatories added.

Modelling the gardens could also proove interesting.
An almost foolproof way of altering the doors is to go to a builders merchants catalogue, or similar, and scanning the doors on offer, then re-sizing them on the pooter on matt photopaper and sticking them on the model on the back surface in the right place in lieu of the offered doors.

Looks to be a useful model, you scan the flat sheets first, so as to have useful references for sizes in self-builds!

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Never thought of that one Doug.

Shame you can't replace your own home windows like that:hmm

Bozzy(never known to pass a pub)

Posted
Rating:
Looks good Shaun - just like the houses as you approach London on the Great North Road.

I do like these Metcalfe kits - they're well produced and pretty easy to build.  Making a whole street can be very realistic - both in looks and cost !!!!! :roll::roll:

Great tip about scanning the sheet as a reference for scratchbuilding Doug. :thumbs:thumbs  Also, there's usually plenty of "spare" bits left over from the kit.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=312]dooferdog[/user] wrote:

Lyou scan the flat sheets first, so as to have useful references for sizes in self-builds!

Doug

What a great idea, never ever thought of doing that :pathead
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.