Wanna Larf?

Posted
Rating:
Mike

There is certainly real potential there.  Good job well done.

Novice
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Great effort Mike - seriously

Looking at them - especially the man - I think the difficulty is in getting the clothes to look like they are over the body, rather than a part of it. Somehow , and no, I don't know how exactly, I think you need to show his jacket,  for example, as a separate item hanging from and around him and not as something that's limited to his form.  If you could cut upwards from underneath its hem, if you like, taking away some of his hips and allowing the jacket to hang free I think it would be better.
 One more thing I could suggest, if I may: after years of studying, drawing and painting the human figure [it still hasn't all sunk in, by the way] I know how important it is to not have the head plonked bolt upright on the shoulders. Rather, it should be slung forwards a bit.  I don't know what yours look like from side-on. Maybe they're spot-on. If so, please accept my compliments, because I've even seen commercially marketed figures with the bolt upright attitude.
 I hope this is some help, and that it doesn't sound as if I believe I could do a better job, because I sincerely doubt I could, and I heartily congratulate you on taking on such a difficult challenge, and on the progress you've already made.

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Taking a while to get right, eh Mike? Tell me about it. You wouldn't believe how many attempts I've made at some thngs before I'm satisfied with the result.  :shock:

I'm 100% sure that all the positive comments on here about your figures are genuine. If you persevere with making a few more figures you will achieve excellent results; you're over halfway there now!

Do keep trying and experimenting with them. I'm really enjoying this thread.

Perry

Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
thankyou guys for your encouragement. Mike you are soo right. Do I take it that you are an artist (along with your obvious talent on your layout), your comments remind me of my art teacher at school (and that was a long time ago!!)  I will try to make them more lifelike with clothing layers etc.Thanks again
Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Novice said

Mike

There is certainly real potential there.  Good job well done.

Novice

Yeah they are starting to look like some people i know :P
Hey Mike :D Have you thought about buying one each of all the ones you want and making a rubber mould from them and making them like that :?:
I could not be bothered even trying (lazy) :P  I will just buy them 6 in a box for whatever, already painted. On my last layout i actually bought hundreds of them unpainted :roll: What a job that was painting them it almost sent me gaa gaa :twisted:

My best skills are building the layout and the wiring as in DCC of coarse :D i love putting the Zimo stuff together and programming, wiring lights etc :D

Darryl
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Darryll. Yeah your favourite bits are just the bits I hate! the wiring confuses the he** out of me!!

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
You are right Mike :D i had another look at the male dude and he does look a bit rude doesn't he :shock:

In my layout i have ordered a faller model of a pub, a night club as well as a butcher, a baker, bank etc i am going to make the nightclub into a house of ill repute :P

Darryl
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hey Darryl, I can't post this direct because of copyright but follow this link to see what a guy made on my french forum:
http://voiemetriquelibre.moninter.net/vos-constructions-f5/miss-valentine-t714.htm
Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
WOW :D he must be either mental or a millionaire :shock:

Darryl
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hey :D i noticed i just became a Passenger on here :lol: I aim to be a Driver tho…on the ICE 8)

Darryl
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
This well-endowed french lady is made to be a passenger in the carriage (so no need for too much detail) Shes made from a champagne cork:

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
And let me guess Mike :D You got that idea after drinking the contents of the bottle :?:  :?:  :?:  :P

Darryl
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
She certainly has big ones :D  :shock:  You should make up some naked ones for a nude beach scene 8)

Darryl
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
She's just-what's the word?–matronly!
Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Yeah :D Like the one in those Carry on English films years ago :P How on earth do you carve a cork down to that scale :shock: probably after drinking a bottle of champagne i guess :roll:  :P

Darryl
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Well i reckon they are coming along. Getting more like people each time, keep it up your doing a great job.
Phill

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
This is the latest figure to join the g scale edwardian family. I am getting happier with the results now . I now know that ladies fashions can change the shape of what God gave them!!!
Mike

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
This is a very significant improvement on your initial efforts, amazing how you have developed this process in a very short space of time.  Keep at it as I think you have got the hang of the proportions and you will soon be producing some very high quality figures.

A small suggestion.  I would not bother trying to depict the feet on female figures in long dresses as they would be hidden.

Novice

Posted
Rating:
Very good, just getting better and better, agree with mike, legs and feet on show back then was a no no so forget them on woman.
Phil

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Point taken.advice heeded. Thanks guys

Mike
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.