Downpipes & steps added:-

On the ramp end, safety rails added.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Looking excellent Sol.

They really are great little kits although they do take time to build - as I'm finding with my parade of terraced shops ……………:roll::roll::roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Another version

original roof but brick veneer - that is brink outer walls & timber panels inside  and a longer ramp

Ron

Posted
Rating:
It's a good little kit and nicely put together Ron. Good effort on the gutters…. should try doing them in N?!!
cheers
Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Actually Marty, the gutters were easy,  paper folded over & then bent.
 It does seem that that kit R002 is no longer available but I have asked John Wiffen about it - he was going to provide an updated kit with a longer ramp.

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
I asked John Wiffen about the R002 & this is his reply

Hi Ron,I have an updated  version of the kit waiting in the wings, should be back on the site  later in the year. In the meantime, please feel free to mention that I’m  happy email copies of the original kit to modellers if they get in contact with me.
Happy modelling!
Kind regards
John

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Hi Guys  
I have the Original .PDF and as it was a freebie I don’t THINK John Wiffen will object if I email it to anyone who asks, but I object to piracy of someone's work so no move without his say so.

Regards card building I can say that it is possibly the fastest and cheapest way to fill large spaces on the layout. Also, I use a “Silhouette Portrait” to cut the main printed faces of the building and block cut out the backing. John uses a belt and braces approach which is excellent and supplies interiors which are superb but mainly not visible in normal use. The “Portrait” can also cut card as it’s a horizontal Flat Bed drag knife cutter so I can use it to cut card when needed. My main problem is finding the correct thickness of card.
Regarding card I used to use genuine Weetabix boxes as they were strong but pliable but dwindling income and rising prices mean we have been eating, (fill in store name here ibix), for years.

Still, must contact Mr Wiffen.

Regards
Jim

Last edit: by The Bankie

Because, except in some unfortunate circumstances, trains did not run on town centre streets

Posted
Rating:
Hi Guys
 John has said no problem, but why not go to the site and check it out for other freebies and Ideas?

Regards
Jim

Last edit: by The Bankie

Because, except in some unfortunate circumstances, trains did not run on town centre streets
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.