One of the Freebies

Posted
Rating:
#55810 (In Topic #3078)
Sol
Guest user
Can be downloaded  for free, nothing, no charge, etc.

The industry name is my creation.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
That's a good 'un Sol. Could find a place on a lot of layouts.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
That looks excellent Sol - and for free it's amazing although I'm sure much of it is in the hands of the builder. :roll::roll::roll:

Before I can use Scalescenes I'll have to buy a new printer.  Mine (a Lexmark X75 all-in-one) makes a real pigs ear of anything like that.  The colours are way out. :twisted::twisted:

Last edit: by Petermac

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Peter, over here, we can obtain colour printers which copy & scan for less than the price of a locomotive - some as low as 35-40 quid.

Bob, on my previous layout, Iva Brick & Son fitted in , I had plenty of room for private sidings, etc, in fact my small terminal of Watchit ( this one was just before Iva Brick was built)

I ended up with 8 different places top drop/pick up wagons & with 3 other larger stations, I had many more places. Unfortunately, this new layout, while it has more roundy-roundy running, has less stations, so less places to drop/pickup. Even last night at a "play"session with some friends, it was noted that perhaps I should have not only remained with the previous incarnation but the one before that - East Coast North American & there was someting to be said about time in my hobby life.

Ah well, we live & learn!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
 Nice building, Ron, but is it gratis

Can you please tell me exactly what it's printed onto?  Scalescenes mention printing straight onto card. Is that what you did, and where did you get the card, please? No-one around here seems to have anything suitable.

Mike

edit: it's ok  I just read your other Scalescenes thread. Cereal box card eh? I've used that in the past as well, but I hate having to cut things out twice. That's one of the reasons I haven't built much in this way.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Gratis for the file that is downloaded, but it cost us paper ,ink & card, You possibly could print some of it on thin card but most relies on glueing it to card upto 2mm thick. Usually art shops have all thickness of card.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
When I was in the UK I bought all my quality card from the local printers.

Posted
Rating:
That's interesting Bob - pretty cheap compared with the local art shop I'd imagine.

Here, I have to drive 2 hours to find a decent source and even then,  the thickness or grade I want isn't in stock !!!

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Much cheaper but of course it did come in big sheets, as it does here in Benidorm. If you only need a small amount then an art shop or photographers might be better. The bigger branches of Smith's in the UK also sell card.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks for that   I'll check out those sources

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I did experement with thin card with the first signal box I built although I had problems with it getting stuck in the printer!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Another one of the freebies. Built by many I think

All the bits  glued to card & cut out & the paper parts to be wrapped & glued.

It won't be used as a Goods but Railway Stores shed. Now to start putting it together.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I haven't seen one built up on brick walls before Sol, neat.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
The internal  & external walls of the ends plus a couple of clad & unclad piers.

Side walls added

Underneath detail which is normally seen

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Neat.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Slowly coming together - the ramp is twice as long as the download version

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I guess that's the beauty of them.  You can add bits where you want.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Nearly finished
Instead of the panel roofing, I used corrugated iron & also fitted my style of Gutters similar to the Goods Shed I built for Watchit - 2 thin pieces of card glued to make a right angle

Door handle is a Peco track pin cut & shaped.

Downpipes are being made & will be installed when this shed is located at Charde. It will probably take me as long to site the shed & ground terrain as it took to build it.

The other side  will be against the run-around loop to allow odd vans, etc  to unload direct into the railway stores shed.

Ron

Posted
Rating:
That looks excellent Sol. :thumbs

Looking at the slope on the ramp, I'd say it needed to be twice the designed length - trying to push a barrow up one half that length might have been a bit difficult …………:roll:

I like the corrugated iron - what is it ?

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Peter, Corrugated card in H0 scale actually from an Model manufacturer here in South Oz.  I have sent a photo to Mr Scalescenes, John Wiffen.

Ron
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.