Time spent on the Layout

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member

That is , hours per WEEK.

At the moment its 16 to 20 hours a week but that is increasing - I dont know how I ever used to fit in time for work before I finally packed it in . I just never seem to have enough time to fit in everything I want to do now.

Richard. A sorely missed member who lost a brave battle in 2012.

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Now that is a very hard question to answer. When I am doing a project I can spend 24 hours a week on it very easily, but when other things get in the way I can go a whole week and do absolutely nothing.
I do have many more weeks of doing something than doing nothing though, so I am going to say I average 8-12 per week.

Wayne

My Layout "The South Shore Line":
http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=509&forum_id=21
This video/animation was made in Adobe Flash Player, which is no longer supported or available for download.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Some weeks especialy in the summer ,no work on the layout at all. Then when the mood strikes all day and a bit more time on  other days the same week . To answer the question i would guess at 12//15 hours a week.

reg

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
With my cricket commitments in summer not a lot gets done but in winter my wife is converted from a cricket widow to a model railway widow, one day after a lengthy testing session I came down from the loft and she laughed sarcastically, gave me a hug and suggested that she thought I had died up there:hmm 

Bozzy(never known to pass a pub)

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
MY layout i spend about 14 Hours a week .  :roll: Club layout between 3 Hours and 6 Hours per week .

BR Blue Post Tops

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
An interesting question.On Tiree, my gauge layout it's 2 to 3 hours per week.
On Ludgershall change for Tidworth, it depends on how you count it, because I'm still constructing the building for it. As well as constructing the supports for the layout, if you count that then that's another 6 hours a week at the moment.

Now I've finally started a model railway…I've inherited another…

Posted
Rating:
Hi All,
At weekends, I try and spend at least 3 - 4 hours a day on my layout/s. During the week, I am lucky to get ten minutes!

What I was amazed at is how many former members there are now, very sad. I wonder if it's just the natural ebb & flow of members?
Cheers,
John.

Posted
Rating:
3-4 hours/week (30-40 minutes/day depending on the task in hand). Plus a couple of hours computer time. The odd Saturday if I have to build a module, 6 hours is usually enough for 2 modules from scratch.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Absolutely none at the moment as I'm waiting for supplies to build my first baseboard.  Unless you count time spent browsing this forum, Facebook railway modelling groups and YouTube channels and leafing through Hornby magazine.

Though while I think about it, I also need to get round to continuing to take my old layout apart in the shed.

Come to think of, it's quite amazing how much time I spend on railway modelling-related activities without actually having a layout at the moment!
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.