Covering the Ground

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Oh Max what are you doing to us!

There is a good few months worth of header picture of the week fodder in there….
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
My land Max, that is sure looking good. I really like those larger trees you have used. Did you make them or are they from a kit?

Wayne

My Layout "The South Shore Line":
http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=509&forum_id=21
This video/animation was made in Adobe Flash Player, which is no longer supported or available for download.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Lovely work, Max! That's a terrific view down the road. I love the undulations in it too. You just know how it would feel to drive along it.

Wayne I think Max's tree trunks are Melaleuca twigs [aka paperbarks]

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
:doublethumb

Max

Really really nice, I guess that you are going add cars, people ect, which will just bring the whole layout to life, can you please take some shots around the yard area by the station, as that looks good as well
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Chaps.  You are right on, Mike.  Melaleuca branches make great armatures.  The local ones only grow to about 3 or 4 metres.  The best thing is that they form 3 dimensional shapes as they grow.  They are also very strong and can cope with a ham fisted modeller knocking them about.  The bark looks good as well.

I'll try Alan.  There's still a lot of small stuff to add yet.  I'll snap a couple and see how they come out.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
much better gives perspective to the scene
some nice shots Max.

:doublethumb:lol::lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
  I'll snap a couple and see how they come out.

If they are anything like the rest, they will be brilliant,

The more I think about it, we really are very lucky on this forum, to have so many talented modellers :thumbs
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
[user=285]Alan[/user] wrote:
The more I think about it, we really are very lucky on this forum, to have so many talented modellers :thumbs
I'll second that any time.

Posted
Rating:
Spot on Max, just what I was after.
Need some vegetation around the base of the big tree on the left and along the base of the fence but other than that…

Mind you, if you are standing at the front of the layout you wont see the back of the fence anyway so up to you.

magic… oh landscaper.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thank you guys.  You're right on all counts, Marty.  The centre strip is the only bit that's "finished".  It should be good enough for the video; I hope to tart the rest of the layout up over time.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.