Henryparrot Narrow gauge layout

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Another section of the T & P

That looks good thanks Brian - I'll get one ordered.

Now how do you train the dog to crap into it and not all over the grass?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I wondered that but infortunately they do still crap anywhere but you do get a pooper scooper with the kit:lol::lol:

If you order one get some extra activator at the same time

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Good news

Steve rang from the model shop my tubs of burnt grass have come in so production can begin again on the hillside,

I have been busy sticking rocks (cheating) on all the other hillside areas

And i have fixed some acrylic sheeting to the front of the polystyrene incline ready for the front wall Plus i have laid my tram track in place.

I am now considering what to do about sky or backgrounds i havent decided which way to jump yet.

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I wanted a Diesal shunter to use on the 009 railway and i just noticed a Bachmann lilliput D11 shunter that was available at the model shop its is H0e but near enough to 009 for me it is dcc ready and i put a 6 pin TCS decoder in it,

Yes it is German origin but the Cornish miners pinched it at the end of the second world war and brought it back to Cornwall ( Well thats my story and im sticking to it)

It has 3 working LED lights a each end and is nicely detailed for a small loco.

I was also very surprised for an 0 4 0  how well it picks up power and is very quiet and smooth.

I havent got a clue what the couplings are that is something i have not even looked at on the 009 stuff yet.

Heres a piccy

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
A very smart little model Brian. I like it.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
So do I Brian, after a light weathering it wil look very nice running up the hill in front of your hill and under the overhang, how is the hill coming on ?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Alan

My 28 feet of hill is nearly complete all grassed and gorse done and sky painted

i am now working on my mine building and adding a walkway from the mine building into the mine opening

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

I have to agree with Bob, that's a nifty little shunter Brian :thumbs

'Kev

Posted
Rating:
Brian,
        I love that little loco.I may well invest in one myself,despite it being wrong scale,as a basis for some outside framed GWR locos.I'm thinking along the lines of City of Truro,or Dukedogs…that kind of thing.
        I may be getting back to you at some stage for some measurements,but at first glance it looks very feasible!!
:hmm

Cheers,John.B.:thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Well if you will permit the blatant plug :twisted:

Liliput Diesel £53.95

Liliput Diesel £53.95
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
John

it may well be to big to convert to an N gauge loco i will take a picture of an N gauge Pannier tank next to it later so you can see the relative size.

This outside frames people mention i assume that means the wheels are inside the chassis plates and the linkages are outside?

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Chris T,
          You may well have a sale there pal,but it will be in September,after me holidays!(when my poor stretched finances allow!!!:lol:)

Brian,
        Thanks Brian,a comparison photo will be very helpful.(And yes…you're right about the outside frames)

Last edit: by georgejacksongenius

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
John here are a few piccys to show the differance in sizes

The first one shows the D11 with an N pannier and a 00 pannier

The second one shows the underneath of the N Pannier also the D11 showing because its a narrow gauge loco there is a great deal of width to it which in itself i would have thought rules out using it on your project

Ok a small mine update here are a couple of photos showing the progress of the mine area the building is constructed i have added bits but there is a great deal of painting and detailing to add yet it will be smashing rocks time soon to get some heaps of slate for the floor areas below and around the mine building.

I have decided on a name for the mine

It will be THE PENWARTHA SLATE MINE

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Brian,
       Thanks for the photos,mate.It looks like its back to the drawing board with that idea!!:roll:
       Lovely OO Pannier though….that livery really suits it..sweet!!!

BTW……the mine looks sensational!

Last edit: by georgejacksongenius

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Spectacular mine, Brian!

Please stop confusing me with all these scales and gauges.

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Very nice mine Brian :thumbs

'Kev

Posted
Rating:
Well i have been away or about but not here for a while and what happens you build this mine, bloody marvelous Brian, love it. Is it all scratch built?

Love the Loco, look nice on my layout.

Phill

Posted
Rating:
:doublethumbNow that mine looks a stunner! Congrat, mate!

Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Phill

the mine building is a Faller kit it actually is quite a good kit for the price.

I have added a few things plus i will add more and in the photo`s it has only had a base brown coat of paint since then i have started to apply black washes to age it more.

I need to start looking at the floor area there now first finish laying the track test it all works right.

Ballast for track is something i am thinking about that the moment its 4mm scale so 00 ballast would be normal but as its narrow gauge and its really N gauge track i am wondering if N gauge Ballast would be better not sure about that at the moment.

I may also have a few sheddy workshop buildings on the mine floor area aswell

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Well this afternoon i have been doing varoius jobs on the narrow gauge  from laying track and fixing droppers cleaning bits off and testing the lines with my D11

I have started painting rails now if you think painting 00 rails is a chore try doing it on the narrow gauge rails which are really the same as N Gauge i assure you it is a great deal harder than 00.

Im still undecided about ballast size i will have to decide that within the next few days

cheers brian
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.