Guest user

One station of the Devan & Summersett

Yes please Alan - but no hurry.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Irrespective of the actual buildings that I may use for that siding, I have decided to give it a name as I am doing the simple "panel" for that end of my Barnstable & it will be called " L+S Doors". Photo of the "panel " will be coming later.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
The extra point installed as per post #55, needed to be operated so I have installed  a  Peco switch directly into the baseboard which was the liftup.

This a close up

Connects to a Masterswitch which in turns fires the Side Mounted Peco motor.

The other panel as shown on Jun 2 of the actual station & loop will also be modified now.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=95]Sol[/user] wrote:
Irrespective of the actual buildings that I may use for that siding, I have decided to give it a name as I am doing the simple "panel" for that end of my Barnstable & it will be called " L+S Doors".

L + S Doors

Like it Ron :thumbs

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Ron on your layout will it be a mix of GWR and southern steam locos or are they all going to be british rail steam locos?

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Some GWR & BR steam - mainly tanks but the majority of locos will be diesels - saves me a turntable. The latest little station, Watchit is sited where I was planning a largish shed for steam, etc.
Once I convert the other 3 dead sidings of Tiverton to thru running, then tender locos can be used.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
the majority of locos will be diesels - saves me a turntable.

That works nicely in British outline but how different it is for our Australian modellers.  Even the most modern locos often require turning before they can lead a train. :???:

Good to see the recent developments around Barnstable, keep them coming.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Nowadays freight trains use more than one diesel in consists, so there is usually one pointing the 'right' way.  The Overland runs past our place and usually only has one, but they have driving positions both ends.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Sol this is the large  door factory, hope these help.

Front

Side

Back

Close up of back
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
They will do nicely thanks Alan.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
With a suggestion by another modeller, the planned platform at Barnstable has been moved to be opposite the loop & the goods area shifter towards L+S Doors, this then let me move the point feeding L+S Doors giving a longer track. The latest Hornby Mag has  a Scalescenes Low Relief Warehouse which will do for the goods shed & I have downloaded a large Scalesscenes warehouse for L+S Doors.The point levers have been moved to be together as well.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Alan those factory shots are very good - especially the view of the back wall! Lovely!

Sorry Ron. You were saying…?

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thank Mike :oops:

Ron still watching, and I like the idea of the move :thumbs
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Now in between track work, wiring, train cards & wagons, I will be starting on Barnstable buildings, etc.

The L+S Doors factory based on the photos that Alan supplied will use as a base, Scalescenes TO26 Factory- Warehouse

and for the goods shed

on this spot where the Saxa van is situated. The L+S Doors will be at the far left of this same track.

This is of course from Hornby Magazine #26 - another Scalescenes product. As I build this following the Instructions, I will take photos.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Keep it coming Ron, looking forward to seeing some buildings along that backdrop.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
The low relief warehouse is quite large for my needs so I have worked out that I can remove 1" / 25mm from the height and  1 &1 /4" / 32mm from the length to make it look better & playing with Nero Image program, I even managed to reduce the sliding doors in size to fit the new openings . This warehouse normally sits on the baseboard level for road access but mine will be rail so I will need to make a platform  to go with - No end to improvements, etc.

Now for carefull cutting out & gluing to card.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
OK, making the front wall, I have taken 1"'/ 25mm off both the height & length.

Top part is the original ,bottom is mine

By the time I finished, I hope it looks the part. 
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Looking fine so far to me mate. Improvements are all part of the game.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Ron

Can i make a suggestion

why dont you do a seperate thread for building your warehouse i dont believe we actually have a scalescenes build on here but lots of pics of totally completed ones.

It would be nice to know how you find the build

problems you encounter and how easy you find them to work with.

The scalescenes products are very good value and im sure many more members would use them if they knew how hard or easy they are

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
It will be done - I will copy this to the new Section shortly so further work on this warehouse will be found there.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.