T
 I like how you photoshopped the blue sky into it :mutley :pedal

Mike

Don't know what you mean Mike, it's always sunny in Devon :cool wink
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
That has certainly changed Alan - last time I went there it was behind a Class 50!

It was still possible to run-around loco-hauled stock and there were semaphores around as well, this would have been around 1985ish. 

Nothing left but a single track now then?  I would certainly be interested in some more pictures of the surrounding approaches etc, when you have time of course.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Chris that sounded like fun, on the back of a Class 50.

When I do the next set of photo's I will take a little walk down the track towards Exeter for you, not that, that has changed much, it's all the other way that has changed, all the road bridges have gone along with the heart of the station !!!!!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Now back to the modelling side of things. I have now finished laying track & wiring up the points & motors.

The first photo shows the overall view - the railcar is where the platform will be, the 08 & wagon, the goods area & right at the left, you can see the green switch for point motors. Second photo gives a better picture of the Barnstable panel. Both points will work together.

The next two pictures are from each direction.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
That's coming together, now.  So the passenger trains will be able to pass on that loop.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Actually , it is a goods loop to allow the goods train to come up, uncouple & run around to be able to leave. I already have worked out a process of operations.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Sorry, I didn't notice the buffer stop at the end.  That should work well.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Although it's difficult to see on the photo, I assume that there's enough room beyond the run-round for the longest loco you have, Sol :question

That's a definite advantage to having a large layout, plenty of room for loco release loops like that. It's one of the concepts I'm struggling with the most on my portable effort and a major reason why I'm sure that eventually I'll have 2 fiddle yards. 
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Jeff, I anticpate that the longest loco would be a class 24/25 but mainly I think the Terrier to take up 3-4 wagons will be the main stay combined with the GWR Railcar.
In fact the other small terminal to be built, Watchit, will be slightly larger but not as big as Hemlock. (another thread to be created)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
And I see the Peco surface motors in use there Sol so i hope you are finding them reliable.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thats going to be some layout Sol when finnished, like the loop you have built in as well.

Phill

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Ron

I very much like the curve you have made on that loop

Daft question but if you uncouple is there enough flat area to stop the stock rolling back down the hill?

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
if there isn`t he can always  sprag it.

:hmm:thumbs:lol::lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Brian, in fact, the entire track from the time it comes around the corner is level.
It is the main baseboard that slopes at the door area & that is another story of some years ago.

Rick, so far, the surface mounted motors are doing the job.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Now that the liftup has gone ( which Barnstable sat over), I can now have an additional point over the old join giving another little siding, the one that is leading away from the viewer.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Adds that little bit more interest and operating potential.
Do you have a business/reason for the siding yet Sol?

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Sol

Not far from Barnstaple station, is Shaplands, a large company that have been making doors, and other wooden products for over one hundred years, it also had sidings !!

I can take some photos for you if would like, to see if it could fit, the main building facing the river, is a little bit like the Scalescenes factory.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Marty, the siding - no, not really thought of a specific industry/use but Alan, yes please, a photo or two , can be posted to this thread.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Darn but we're good. Nice one Alan.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Ron

Fine I will that this week, and if you like it I can then take a few more,at the same time as I photograph the station building from all sides for you and Jeff.

Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.