Hornby Country Church

Posted
Rating:
I'd sack the grave diggers if I were you.  :evil: You would think they would know that graves are usually oriented east-west in churchyards such as this!  :roll: I guess they can claim modellers licence though.  :lol:

Seriously, you have done a brilliant job with this little scene, Novice. It tells a story in it's own right rather than just being a passive piece of scenery. I wonder who died?  :? :D

Perry

Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Perry

I have a horrible feeling it could be one of Mr Dapol's great uncles :)

We will have to see if Mr Dapol was mentioned in the will!

Novice

Posted
Rating:

Perry said

I'd sack the grave diggers if I were you.  :evil: You would think they would know that graves are usually oriented east-west in churchyards such as this!  :roll: I guess they can claim modellers licence though.  :lol:

I wonder who died?  :? :D

Perry

Maybe it's a family grave Perry - you know the type - "his and hers" side by side !!

Novice - that looks just great.  When you go back to the first photo, you see an amazing transformation from a "toy" to a minature masterpiece.  Congratulations.

Petermac

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
The others have said it all Novice, great job.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
That is so cool!

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hey Novice :lol:  you could always have MR Dapol's cousins digging the body up for an autopsy as word has got out that it might have been a Murder, so you could have a coffin with a skeleton and some Coppers standing around watching :D  :D …. a real scandal in the Village :shock: :P  
In case your interested Faller do a Ringing Bell with 6 different sounds P\N  180642 :wink:

Darryl
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Well what do you know  :shock:   I was on my way to Royston and came over a hill and on the skyline was a church that looked like St Hornby church.  Ever since starting the project I have wondered whether the shape, particulalry of the nave, existed in real life.  I couldn't resist taking a few pictures:

The stone work may not be in as good nick as St Hornby and the roof and some of the brickwork is different, however, I think the shape is a pretty good match  :)

Bob(K)
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.