SOL's TERRIER

Posted
Rating:

Loksound micro 3.5

John, perhaps you would also like individually stacked pieces of coal :mutley:mutley

'Kev
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Don't tempt him.  Max has already worked miracles here so next I expect we'll see him fitting a working fireman shovelling those lumps of coal!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hey,I'm sure he's capable!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Cheers,John.B.
(He wants the moon on a stick!)

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
It'll be a snip, John

Posted
Rating:
Yeah, Ron! Where's the smoke??? This is not good enough, you know, very disappointed! ;-) ;-) :lol:

Seriously, it sounds really good, I like it a lot. I'll have to try and tackle mine at some stage, although mine is an early Dapol one that sounds like an angry hornets' nest at any sort of speed  it runs smoothly enough though.

Jeff, yes, you have DCC now, you can do this! I would suggest starting with a simpler project to begin with, rather than throwing yourself in at the deep end, as that Terrier really is getting into micro-engineering (anyone going to try it with the new Dapol N gauge Terrier?? :cool wink); perhaps one of the plug-and-play types in a locomotive that is already DCC-ready and has a little free space for a normal speaker …

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
I don't know how you do it Max, you lost me somewhere around the .wav file!

Very Impressive!
Wayne

My Layout "The South Shore Line":
http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=509&forum_id=21
This video/animation was made in Adobe Flash Player, which is no longer supported or available for download.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Now you know how I feel watching you with that blue foam, Wayne.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Max. I have watched the video many times, and very good the sound is. For my first attempt at DCC ing a Loco, I have chosen the Hornby Terrier  fingers crossed, I was recommended the Digitrains DZ 126 . But I am not going for sound, as much about I would like to. Have you got any tips for me to do a good job?  Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Kevin.

You shouldn't strike any trouble fitting the decoder.  They are even smaller these days - and you don't have to deal with a speaker.

Your challenge will be to get the awful pick ups to work reliably.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Max. Thank you for your reply. I had heard that about the pickups. A while back I found out how to add extra pickups on a wagon, and maybe even have a speaker in the wagon ( it was a while ago, it could have been a larger Decoder) .  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Max.   Yet again another reply, with so much time on my hands. And with little chance of working in the garden, I have been thinking thinking about your project .Looking at the Loco without a cab, would you please tell me how do I remove the cab from my Hornby Terrier .
Best wishes Kev 

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.