Rating:
Guest user

All scales

bloody hell mate thats a menagerie !!!:pedal:mutley:mutley:mutley:cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
 My layout being outdoors has some wildlife mainly snails and spiders although we do have a blackbird that thinks the track bed is its own private walkway and can often be seen ducking under the road bridge behind the rockery. As for the snails they like to do a bit of train surfing and can be quite messy when they fall off and end up under the wheels of a class 86!!:roll: :lol: ;-)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hey Dave i have problems with g scale, with mice, snakes , slugs, and snails,. Some of the time the trains are heavy enough to crush the snails. they must play havoc in your scale!!

mikey
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
so i reckon you should fit a snail catcher like the the old cow catcher
in the states.

:brickwall:mutley:cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=245]87 101[/user] wrote:
 As for the snails they like to do a bit of train surfing and can be quite messy when they fall off and end up under the wheels of a class 86!!:roll: :lol: ;-)

Surely they can then be eaten?
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
LOl you see our french neighbours in the summertime, about 5.30am, walking the road ditches looking for the edible snails. I tried 'em once with butter and garlic, but it was like most things that are new; the taste was nice but the thought wasn't.
now the time i ate squids penis for tapas in spain…thats another story!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
.thats another story!
ooh do tell…!

:mutley:mutley:roll::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
As it was tapas Mikey and not main course, I presume it was an ordinary quid and not a giant squid !!!!  I wonder how they sex them as babies - you know the kind of thing -  "Mrs Octy, I'm delighted to tell you you have a lovely little boy" ? :roll::roll::roll:

Last edit: by Petermac

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I really do worry about Petermac at times - and this is one of them :???::???::???:;-)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
:mutley :mutley :mutley

Last time I had an opperating session I spent most of the day track cleaning to remove dead bodies, etc only for the little things to come back later and derail the trains. I wonder what would happen if I get a relco unit!!!:twisted: :thumbs
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I spent most of the day track cleaning to remove dead bodies, etc only for the little things to come back later and derail the trains

The dead bodies came back and derailed trains:shock::question Were they ghost trains :mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I'm with Tim on this one :exclam:exclam There are times when I too worry about Petermac, now I'm starting to worry about Rick as well :exclam:roll::roll: 

Who said it was so good to be like a big family on this forum :question:question:question :brickwall:brickwall :mutley:mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Outside of animals, dead or alive & the concerns about Petermac and Rick

( that is understandable as one lives in France & the other in Victoria :mutley)

, the Relco  unit would be ideal on any layout EXCEPT DCC.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Dave it just happens i have a relco going spare, if you are interested
as i am dcc it is no use to me.
:thumbs:lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I tried again to get a decent shot of one of the birds, with dubious results.  You can see the size of these models when compared with the beach sand which is quite fine in itself though admittedly is 1:1 scale!

Looks like some of the sunbathers need a dust off as well :oops:

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
That is one impressive bird.

The seagull looks quite good as well :twisted:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I was visiting spain to trace old metre gauge lines.My spanish friend and I stopped at a taverna and he said to try a typical spanish tapas. lots of little things to nibble, like bulls calluses, various different meats and then these long thin, deep-fried objects. I tried one, mm nice, tried another, then asked what it was. Didnt eat anymore!! Wonder if Bob has ever tried them?

Mikey
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I could always re-shoot that with the "top shelf" models. :lol::oops:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Are those Relco's any good ???. If they are it seems like a lazy way to keep the track clean :hmm

'Kev

Posted
Rating:
I had one (a Relco) in my "past life" Kev and it was great - once you'd got the track clean !!  It didn't actually stop the track getting dirty, it just kept the trains running through the dirt.  But, as Sol said, they are a definite no-no for DCC !!

BTW you guys, I'm flattered that you worry about me - maybe I ought to post a regular health bulletin like Royalty - would that be of interest to you ? :roll::roll::roll: :lol::lol:

From past experience Mikey, I try to avoid eating anything I can't identify !!!!

From the splash of paint over her head, it looks as if you enjoy painting your birds Rick - perhaps you need a steadier hand !!!

Last edit: by Petermac

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.