What is narrow gauge ?

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Some explainations

Hello Robert,

They are unusual in Switzerland too now because all but one (I believe) were withdrawn some time ago. My model represents the class as it appeared in 1930. Later examples had various changes and were painted brown. You are right about the cost… let's say that it is not far off the price of a very well built O gauge Pacific loco…

Simon
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
As I thought Simon. Can you tell me if there is still a market out there for such quality models, not counting collectors.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I reckon there is Robert; there are some fine modellers in Switzerland producing exquisite layouts of their country's rail systems and they do like having top quality stuff running. In fact I will place a link to one of these in the members favourite layouts section…

Most of these models are aimed at wealthy Europeans (I have to sell lots of other models on Ebay to buy one of these) who like having something a bit different from everyone else. I bought it because I want to use it, not because it is exclusive, and I really like the class. No one else produces them so it had to be HRF. I would build a layout to just run this loco and no other, albeit with very realistic track, overhead and scenery.

All the best
Simon
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.