Storm warning

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Had an e-mail from dooferdog (Doug), he is still in the UK and should be heading back to France on Thursday or Friday. That's another one that's ok.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
We had no electricity for 3 days and the door blew off the donkeys shelter but no damage to the house. We have five rivers within walking disrance that have all burst their banks and joined up. It's like living on the coast now!. the good news is that the water is receding rapidly. Glad we had all our ex-camping gear though! Many have had it far worse.
Mikey
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Thank goodness you are ok Mike as I think you were the last one we were worried about.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Good to see a post from you, Mike. Glad you are all OK, hope to hear from you soon and in the meanwhile, do your best to keep dry. :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Good weather for ducks then Mike.
Glad to here you are safe, how did the railway survive?

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Seems everyone has "checked in" now from the French storms thank goodness but has anyone heard from Phil yet ?

Mikeyh, I know what you mean about the flooding - it seemed to come from nowhere although, if your soil is anything like ours - heavy clay - it was already totally saturated so even a little rain would have caused flooding.  Roll on spring !!!

Last edit: by Petermac

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
seems we are all back on again,pleased no one was hurt etc,
must have been a bit hairy for a while though.

:hmm:doublethumb:lol::lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Rick.  At the time of the 1987 storm I was living on a council estate, the roof of a nearby tower block, during the day, was being worked on, but, on the night in question. The corrugated iron sheets became loose and were flying through the air like kites without string .    Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Wow. This seems to be a thread from the past!Any how, it’s pretty relevant for today!…How did everyone get on with the strong winds? 
We seemed to fair ok in Thetford. A few trees down, managed to keep my fence! Haha

Posted
Rating:
Here in the NW it had a bit of a blow on Tuesday and another go today.  In Liverpool today getting blown around as the wind whistled through the buildings.  The train home trod carefully along the coastal route rather then bashing along like it usually does.

8.00pm now and settled down.

Hopefully everyone is OK and we are over the bad stuff although London is reporting bad things with bits of the O2 shredded and trees down all over.  Luckily it appears that there were very few injured - one is too many but I guess we are having to get used to this "abnormal" weather  :cry:

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac

Posted
Rating:
Chris,  Barry,   Hi to both of you.  I do hope that everything and everyone are okay. The wind has sure been whistling around the house, I have been listening to the radio all day and looking at the garden the hedge that I planted has now grown into trees, and they were blowing about while I was praying that all least one of them would come down? if only I had read about “hedge laying “ before I planted them, I used to keep them tidy right up until I had to go into that blinking hospital.   Best wishes Kevin 

Last edit: by Passed Driver

Staying on the thread Kevin.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.