Does anyone have a photograph or link for.......

Posted
Rating:
Oi what you trying to say about yorkshire people! lol :hmm....................:mutley
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Don't tell me you're another "one of us" Derbs :shock::shock::shock:

At least I left the country not just the county …………………;-)

A Yorkshireman moving to Derbyshire is only marginally better than moving to Lancashire (but I wouldn't want to start another war ……….:roll::roll:) :cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
lol Very true Peter, when you from Sheffield you not proud of the fact, especially now its even more of a dump! lol

Posted
Rating:
Now it's time for you to wash your mouth out - my Mother was born in Sheffield (although admittedly some years before it went down hill …..:roll:) ;-)

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Lol, she must have been born a very long time ago then lol, people frown round here as im a yorkie, but as i say , Yorkshire by Birth, Derbyshire by choice!. Usually shuts em up lol

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
Now it's time for you to wash your mouth out - my Mother was born in Sheffield (although admittedly some years before it went down hill …..:roll:) ;-)

I got the impression your family came from Leeds and  not Sheffield Peter . Mind you once you get to the far north like Gloucester any further  and my geography isnt so good.:twisted:

It must be difficult for you in your new country as an ex pat yorkshireman. " Sur la lande sans chapeau " does not have the same ring to it as " On Ilkley Moor Ba'tat" :lol:

Richard. A sorely missed member who lost a brave battle in 2012.

Posted
Rating:
:mutley:mutley:mutley:mutley

Mum was born in Sheffield Richard but her maternal family was from Leeds.  Dad was away playing soldiers so we lived in Leeds until I was 10 then moved to rural East Yorkshire.

It is indeed difficult to find decent woolly hats here ……………but then moors aren't too common either :roll::cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Guys
Just found this thread.
As I am in Bradford I'll take a trip to Bolton Abbey and see if I can find the "shelter". Mind you I'll wait till summer:roll:
Does anyone know the approximate location of the shelter since the current station is not the original end of the line?

Jim

Because, except in some unfortunate circumstances, trains did not run on town centre streets
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.