What Part Of Railway Modelling Do You Dislike Most?

Posted
Rating:
Balasting for me i hate it, dam thing, takes too long and it is so dam hard to get it looking right. So my new layout i have a cunning plan, tell more later, only cause if it fails i wont get the p… taken from the valleys :thumbs

Electrics i love, its new to me and i enjoy it and the learning side as well, mindue i wont be sticking me tounge on the track anymore :oops:.

Soldering is my next hate as well, takes me age's to get it just right.

Phill
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ballasting here too.  I don't like maintenance much either.  Once it's built the Preiser figures should take over and form a permanent way group to do all the repairs.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I like it all but would have to say planning if I had to choose.
 I spend hours drawing plans then soon as I lay the first bit of track the plan goes out the door( my train shed does'nt have a window)

Ian

Any DCC is better than no DCC

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I have decided that since I keep postponing the wiring, that must be the part I dislike the most.
Can I vote again? I have never tried ballasting yet!

Wayne

My Layout "The South Shore Line":
http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=509&forum_id=21
This video/animation was made in Adobe Flash Player, which is no longer supported or available for download.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Sure you can vote again Wayne. The system should then change things automatically.

Posted
Rating:
Ballasting,closely followed by wiring/electrics/soldering.I love it when(and if)it works,but I find those two things LEAST enjoyable.
  I actually like research,but do get impatient to get moving,and probably don't do enough.When all's said and done,the more research that goes into a model,the more realistic the operation.
Not everyone's priority,I know.

Cheers,John.B.

Posted
Rating:
Maintenance for me… why can't things just work! They used to work fine, they should still work, all this crud on the wheels restricting the current flow to the motors, what's that all about 'eh. :roll:
Instead of cleaning each and every wheel with a cotton wool bud I should be building or running trains…. :It's a no no

Last edit: by Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
I voted Kit-building to be my least favourite.

I'll let you figure out why……:cool wink

Perry

Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Gone for baseboard building , because it's so boring and plain and …………………. well I just want to get on with the modelling side of the hobby not the woodwork side.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Perry

i would of thought it would be track laying!!!!

with your choice of cork underlay the job would be a night mare:pedal

hard hat on awaiting flak

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
:shock::shock::shock::shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::pedal:pedal

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I have no idea what you mean, Matt ;-);-):cool:

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
O dear, I don't know if I should hide in the Kitchen or the Bathroom :cool wink:cool wink
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I find all aspects of the hobby challenging, there is nothing in particular I dislike, if that were the case I'd take up stamp collecting or something:lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=3]Gwent Rail[/user] wrote:
O dear, I don't know if I should hide in the Kitchen or the Bathroom :cool wink:cool wink
:mutley:mutley:mutley:mutley:mutley:mutley

Posted
Rating:
[user=3]Gwent Rail[/user] wrote:

Think you need to hide somewhere on the otherside of town mate :mutley:mutley

Not Perry's fault he had a senior moment, poor guy. I mean he is at that age now, well thats what you told me mate :thumbs:mutley:mutley

Phill

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I find all aspects of the hobby challenging, there is nothing in particular I dislike, if that were the case I'd take up stamp collecting or something
 I agree Lawrence, the only difference would be underwater fog knitting instead of stamp collecting.:mutley

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Just had a great laugh at Perry's expense - thanks Perry ;-);-) - hiding in the kitchen or bathroom - very clever Jeff !!

There is however, one thing that concerns me - what's this new by-line Tim - "very easy going" Moderator :shock::shock::shock::shock: ?  Either you issue the tickets or lose your job - just because Christmas is coming - hmm  bah humbug (with Chris & Jeff) !!!

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
for me it is painting the back scene, all my efforts look an explosion in a paint factory

fatcontroller
There's someone in my head, but it's not me
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.