Difficulty posting

Posted
Rating:
#288843 (In Topic #21745)

1st time using new software

Hi everybody. Tried to enter a long overdue update on Ottersford last week.  Did text & added photos but for some reason one photo was x 3.  Went to edit to removed unwanted photos & got message saying 30 mins before 'xcapture' expires.  Wasn't sure what that meant so pressed back but everything had gone.  Also the 'post' button from my thread so I couldn't do it again.  Sent Alan an email but see he hasn't been on line for a few days.  Any ideas?  Must say I preferred the home page on the old sofware - was more welcoming with the photos & easier to navigate.

All stressed out, got addled brains?
Ride your bike or play with trains!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Mal

Are you using the attachment box to add your pictures?

attach.jpg

I think the '30 mins before 'xcapture' expires' message is to do with what you've uploaded needing to be forgotten about by the system, before you can try and upload it again.

Have another go.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Yes did use the box.  Got pics in OK but one was triplicated.  It's when I went to 'edit' I had a problem.  Can't try again because everything disappeared & the system won't let me start over.

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Lost me a bit Mal, are you saying you can't just start a new post in the Quick Reply box?

Ed

Posted
Rating:
 Can now but couldn't the other day!  Everything went awal. Any chance of recovering post & photos?

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Afraid, nothing got saved anywhere, so there's nothing that can be recovered.

Maybe just try doing small posts, rather than one long post with lots of pictures, and see how it goes.

I know it's not like the old forum, but it does work.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Well I started again on a new post on 'Ottersford' thread.  Did a couple of paragraphs then scrolled back through the thread to check on something, went back to the end & everything gone! :'(

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
It's very odd as you can post on this thread ok Mal, and  I did a test post (now deleted) on your "00 Gauge - Ottersford Junction, GWR 1920's" thread ok.

What's different?

Are you using the 'Quick reply' box, or clicking the 'Reply' button.

How are you scrolling?

Ed

Posted
Rating:
I was using the 'reply' button.  I went back in the thread by clicking on a page number.  I saw your post on the thread.

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Use the 'Quick reply' box for now and if you want to see what you've typed so far. click the 'Preview' button. Scroll down to see the preview and back up to the 'Quick reply' box to continue typing.

If you use your browsers back burton, or any other buttons before your click on 'Post reply', you'll lose what you've just typed.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Did another post on the 'Ottersford' thread.  Downloaded 4 pics OK (or so it said) but when the post appeared it had duplicated the last 2 pics & the first 2 didn't appear.  ???

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
breakage is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
images.jpg
64303b5673a1b2.76488029.jpg
Hex-Core-Set-2023.png
ST_TNG_Season_One_Cast.jpg

Signatures? Where we're going we don't need no stinking signatures!

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
64303b5673a1b2.76488029.jpg Hex-Core-Set-2023.png ds9-castpublicity-s5-head2-777x437.jpg Star-Trek-Cast-1200x720.jpg

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
okay so using the quick reply/post section it looks like you have to make sure you are adding each one as a separate attachment, i.e. Use browse on new attachment add the image, then click add then a new box will appear for New Attachment #2 using that means they appear separate - re-using the attachment one box causes duplication

I appreciate this interface for images isn't the most intuitive - if I can find a better way of doing it we will update it when we can

Posted
Rating:
FAO Jay and the below decks team:

I've not been online for a few days and tonight have been getting the "critical bailout" error message again this evening, but can now open topics in about 30 seconds, so it seems the gremlins are still lurking.

Bon couage mes amis,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
yes even to open the latest post by Bill, it gave me time to go & make a cup of coffee starting with cold water first….

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Keep getting 'critical error' trying to read posts and to do a new post in'Wombat Creek'. Glad a have a lot of patience, but it is running thin!

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
Keep getting 'critical error' trying to read posts and to do a new post in'Wombat Creek'. Glad I have a lot of patience, but it is running thin!

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Jay breakage did a software upgrade last night, which we hope may have resolved some of the response issues.

Please feel free to test and let us know.

Ed
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.