Missing members

Posted
Rating:
I can't understand why anyone would be confused about how to use the site, when a Luddite like me can handle it. I'm glad to hear that a few are coming back.

It's pretty slow posting and opening up, sometimes, but a little patience is needed when it happens.

Cheers Pete.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I'm back.  It has been quite a while since I visited and I wonder whether my absence was noticed at all.  I can report that Jeff ("Newton Broadway") is still around but is taking a bit of a break from home right now and travelling farther north through Australia.  He posts regular updates on Facebook.  

For those who may have missed it we moved house in October and have been setting ourselves up in far west Cornwall for the past few weeks.  Things are more or less as we want them now but modelling has had to shift from home to a clubroom which is a bit of a change for me.  

The current layouts, Porthgarrow and Waddlemarsh, made the move with the former being more or less undamaged and (as it was built to be) transported in the back of the car.  Waddlemarsh didn't come out nicely at all having been very much built in as part of the former bedroom  workroom / library / model set-up.  At one stage I was about to condemn it as beyond repair and even left two boards outside in the weather for a couple of weeks awaiting council collection.  

A member of Twickenham & District MRC generously picked one up and had it stored in their clubroom for a while; the other was less exposed being outside on the back terrace of the old flat despite us having handed the keys back.  

So all the boards finally reached Cornwall and are now awaiting my attention and TLC.

I also managed to lose the bookmark for this group (among others) during the move as the computer got a bit upset but that's an easy fix; however that did mean I wasn't getting any updates sent through.  

Take care.  Keep modelling.  

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Rick, welcome back.

Good to know your layouts finally got to Cornwall, after all the work you put in on them.

Must have been a bit stormy weather wise in your part of the country recently.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Yes - pleased you're still here Rick.  As you know, I was aware of your move to the "toe" of the country but didn't know Waddlemarsh had suffered in the move - that is indeed a pity but hopefully, you'll manage to salvage most, if not all of it now you're a man of leisure ……..:cool:

Are we going to see some photos of the various club layouts ?

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Good to see you back, Rick. Lovely place to retire to. Just stay indoors during grockle season.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Crazy times for me too at the moment. Handover of the new house from the builder to us is programmed for THIS Friday. The painter goes in for two weeks after that and then we move down. The current house goes on the market in January, just after the New Year ( lots of sunshine down here).

Packing has been underway for months, we have been in this house for over 25 years, and some preliminary electrical work was done on the layout to allow it to be broken down in its modules for transport.

This week will see the non-fixed items like rolling stock and buildings being boxed up.

And all this while we are trying to work full time.

Anyway, I’m still here and still checking in every now and then and, as always, this is my home railway forum.

Best wishes to all.

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Good luck to you and your wife with the move, Marty. We were at our last address for 30 years and it was a hell of a job, it being a high set with plenty of stuff stored down stairs. Hopefully, your's will go smoothly.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Aren't you moving to Denmark, Marty. Quite a move😉
Cheers,
Claus

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Longchap)
Well I'm still here!  Was determined to maintain the momentum after my last post on 'Ottersford' early 2021 but fate had other ideas & gave me a good kick in the nuts for being so optimistic!  Will post an update soon as there has been a bit of progress last few weeks.

All stressed out, got addled brains?
Ride your bike or play with trains!

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Yes, to mirror Ed's words, it's very good to hear from you Mal and I will not be the only person here to welcome news of the exploits of the GWR in South Africa.

Best,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
I'll second Bill's post Mal - good to see you back and looking forward to seeing what's been going on with Ottersford.  Your last post was 2021 - my word, how time flies but maybe it's dragged for you - hope all's OK with you down there.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I remember that you were having a rough time Mal, I hope things have settled down for you. If there has been progress on Ottersford I too would be delighted to see it.
all the best.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Hi all,

Apologises for not posing for some time. Despite the best of intentions I have done very little on the layout, partly due to the fact that SWMBO is talking about downsizing which would mean the dismantleing of the whole thing.
I will try and remember to look in more often.
best wishes
Dave

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
Good to hear you're still under SWMBO's thumb Dave - what would happen if YOU decided you wanted the master bedroom.for a train room ?  🤪

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I was thinking about our old pal Kevin, aka, Passed Driver, who used to be a prolific poster on YMRC, although unfortunately, his modelling opportunities were restricted on available space, mobility and health aspects.

Has anyone any news of him?

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I posed the same question a few months back Bill.

Kevin hasn't posted since September last year.

I know Barry helped him out at one time, before he moved to Liverpool.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Ed and fingers crossed that he still has some effective support. I think he had a younger male family member look in on him from time to time.

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Longchap)
I'm still around but have had little time for modelling or forum activity since Covid hit with a house move and family issues getting in the way.
Much Murkle hasn't seen daylight in that time but things may be changing somewhat. I have some show invites for 2024 and I have plans to refresh some of the scenics before those shows and a new layout is being considered which will be a change of direction for me. More to come about that after Christmas.
Nick

Posted
Rating:
Great to hear from you again Woodie.  

I think your comment about the lack of activity since COVID goes for a lot of us.

The pandemic certainly changed the way many of us
 live - not necessarily for the better in some cases.

Look forward to seeing what plans you have both with Much Murkle and the proposed new layout.

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.