AVG Anti virus software

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
John i know some adults who believe that too.

;-):lol::lol::lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
AVG - a small point. My mate around the corrner found in the last couple of days with the free AVG, that updates were not happening. Neither was Adaware from Lavasoft & Spybot would not even think about starting . Microsoft & Windows Updates also stuffed.

He could access the Internet & get onto any website EXCEPT AVG, Lavasoft for Adaware or Microsoft.  IE indicated that those sites non-existant & even the Diagnose Connection Problems would not even think about firing up yet other non-existant sites  did allow Network connection testing.

Off to the IT shop coz it was beyond me;

Freebies can cause problems & it was the 3rd one that day with AVG problems,., He did say the paid version is OK & it seems that an update to the freebie may have got infected or whatever causing the PC not to recognise the update cycle & caused any other program that does updates to have a hernia.

Left it with them to sort out as it needs IE resets, etc.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Ron

Avg updates are working fine i just checked

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I paid for my version so it all seems to be working.  Occasionally, the auto-update doesn't connect so I update "manually".

The only problem I've had, and I think it must be to do with the fact that my computer is 5 years old and therefore "obsolete", is that,  because it scans literally everything in and out, it can take forever to do anything.

Sometimes, it's so bad that I just turn off and try again later !!!

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Sol i had the same sort of problem as your mate, he will find he has a virus
that will stop all sorts of legitimte sites.
spybot showed me how to deal with mine,took 2 days to do it.

:thud:lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Owen, Spybot did not even start up - it was frozen. Normal websites was accessible, it was AVG & other such update sites that could not be accessesd. I could even log into YMR OK from his PC
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
with you now Sol,still would suspect a nasty though ,i just tried to download some new drivers for my software and i got two trojans, just can`t win these days.

:brickwall:oops::lol::lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.