Where are My Topics?

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
breakage is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

My Topics button shows all of Ed's topics!

Barchester said

Mr no idea here. Martin's method uses The user name. Your working with the user ID number because that won't change even if their  user name gets changed but at the moment gremlins are stopping it working properly. Is Martin's method using the user name giving more consistent results ? Or are BOTH giving random results. If using user name IS giving correct results, Is it worth going with THAT method  for now ? Until you get a chance to work on getting consistent  results using ID number ?  I know this would cause an issue if a user name gets changed, but that doesn't  happen very often tbh and we would be aware of the issue if it DOES happen ? It's more likely a NEW member who needs a user name change, and tbh they would have started very few topics anyway.

Am I talking complete spherical dangly bits ?

You are

The problem is not which label you use to make the call its that it's making the wrong call.

If my ID is 2, it seems that if I looked at Ed's (3) posts and then do the search its confusing my 2 for his 3, if we use usernames it will do the exact same thing. I.e. it should say breakage but will say Ed instead.

It was a historical problem with the software which was supposedly fixed a while ago but seems to be reoccurring under this specific set of circumstances.

There may be another approach I haven't tried yet but right now I don't know what that would be.

Signatures? Where we're going we don't need no stinking signatures!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
breakage is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
When I get a minute I'll change the link to be one step back (I.e. Martin's original shortcut) with the presets fulled in for everything but author so at least there is an easy shortcut to the search.

Signatures? Where we're going we don't need no stinking signatures!
Online now: No Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.