Posting Images

Posted
Rating:

Explanation of how

Quick try.  

I get a message saying "Your new attachment has been uploaded and saved during preview.  Permanent attachment placement code for it is now in the editor where it previously showed as new.

What does this mean in English please?

No image appears.

Rick
Layouts here and here
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
breakage is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Gwiwer said

Quick try.  

I get a message saying "Your new attachment has been uploaded and saved during preview.  Permanent attachment placement code for it is now in the editor where it previously showed as new.

What does this mean in English please?

No image appears.

Are you using mobile or a laptop/PC?

I can see a number of attachments in your folder so the images are definitely being added to the server - if on a PC you should see the image appear within the editor and you can drag to resize it - on mobile it put a snippet of text where the image would be - I don't have much control over that as it seems on mobile the ability to see it inline and drag it around isn't available.

Let me know what you are seeing and i'll see if i can help

Last edit: by billbrown

Signatures? Where we're going we don't need no stinking signatures!

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things

Gwiwer said

give us what help you can, as in what issues are you seeing ?
I also no longer receive reply notification emails therefore unless I drop in annd check (as I have just done) I am not alerted to topic replies.

I'll re-try with the images another time.  It's too late in my evening now.  

You can control your notifications under your profile - it's a very flexible system that allows you to get notified for only what you want and also decide if you want thos to be sent via email - only on the site (the little speaker icon in top right) or both. You can choose to be notified when someone mentions you (using Gwiwer for example) or you can subscribe to topics individually using the 'Monitor' button at the bottom of the thread - there is also an option to automatically Monitor any topic you have posted in - which is likely the one you want as it will then notify you or any new traffic in the thread.

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
Thumbnails are now OFF by default- everyonw was just turning them off anyway

I have however restricted the image width to 1100px to try and stop images that are just too big for the forum being uploaded - if you try to upload an image wider than that it should autoscale it down to the required size.

Hopefully this makes thing a little easier for everyone

So uploading images should now just be a case of Add Attachment, Browse, Select Image and then okay the next dialogue box.

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.