Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Re previous post, when selected emojis showed gobbledegook but when posted reverted to normal.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
breakage is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Spurno said

Re previous post, when selected emojis showed gobbledegook but when posted reverted to normal.

The gobbledegook is the shorthand for the emoji

Emoji's started way back when as a miniature form of ascii art i.e. ": )" for a smile or ": p" for a tongue out - the emoji's we have now are still that they just auto translate into a little picture to represent it - so if i type  ": )" without the quotations or space in the middle i get :) or ": cool :" it's :cool:

Signatures? Where we're going we don't need no stinking signatures!

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
 :rofl:  :mtrain:  :hmm:  :comp:  :choochoo:  :notworthy:

A few new ones added as a test

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Breakage when I ask for something new

:rofl:

:angel:

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Excellent work in getting all the content across, and a much improved look and feel to the new setup

Posted
Rating:
Matt posted:

Breakage has done an amazing job so that's totally understandable.

All the same as when you get a new whatever, there are always things you want to add to your "wants and wouldn't it be good if.." list. Could we have an admin topic where we can post these together? I don't think a poll would work because these things just tend to come up as one did for me (not saying!)  

The rules could require some ranking items by importance / desire (1-5) to provide guidance.
OK, I'll tell you mine to illustrate. During writing this I wanted to use a strikethru , even cut and paste text from outside didn't work. Importance (1)

Colin

Posted
Rating:
Site staff

Colin W said

Matt posted:

Breakage has done an amazing job so that's totally understandable.

All the same as when you get a new whatever, there are always things you want to add to your "wants and wouldn't it be good if.." list. Could we have an admin topic where we can post these together? I don't think a poll would work because these things just tend to come up as one did for me (not saying!)  

The rules could require some ranking items by importance / desire (1-5) to provide guidance.
OK, I'll tell you mine to illustrate. During writing this I wanted to use a strikethru , even cut and paste text from outside didn't work. Importance (1)

Colin

Colin W
 ̶S̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ like that you mean  ??

Strikethrough text generator ( ̶S̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶-̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶)

😎

Posted
Rating:

Bit higher TBH - through the middle of the text, your sample is more of an underline.

Another one for the "wants topic" on my list is "Topics I started". Importance (5)

I'm finding it very hard to even find my older topics if they haven't had a recent post.
I comment on lots of topics so the current button "Topics I posted in" I'm finding not at all useful to me. I can't find what I'm after amongst everything there when it's anything beyond a few weeks old.

Last edit: by Colin W

Posted
Rating:
Site staff

Colin W said

Bit higher TBH - through the middle of the text, your sample is more of an underline.

Another one for the "wants topic" on my list is "Topics I started". Importance (5)

I'm finding it very hard to even find my older topics if they haven't had a recent post.
I comment on lots of topics so the current button "Topics I posted in" I'm finding not at all useful to me. I can't find what I'm after amongst everything there when it's anything beyond a few weeks old.

Colin W

Interesting Colin. On MY tablet the strikethrough runs THROUGH  the text, not under it !

Re topics, not the answer your looking for I know. It IS on the list (DID I add it to the snagging list as well ?)  But this is MY workaround for now. Not the ideal, but it works

My topics and threads I started - Your Model Railway

Also, Might be worth posting any future thoughts in the  topic belowso they get picked up by myself or Jay ?

Forum use, Questions, Problems, Suggestions - Your Model Railway

Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Also worth mentioning, the old site is still up to view only ? I THINK you should be able to go there and view your list of topics started ? I KNOW  the links in it will only take you to THAT Topic in the OLD site, but at least you can see HISTORICALLY  what you started and where. May aid in finding it on the NEW forum. Even though Forum HEADERS may move around a bit in the new site, the TOPICS won't move from within those forum headers. You only have to find it once, then add it to your bookmarks 👍

HTH

cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:

Barchester said

Also worth mentioning, the old site is still up to view only ? I THINK you should be able to go there and view your list of topics started ? I KNOW  the links in it will only take you to THAT Topic in the OLD site, but at least you can see HISTORICALLY  what you started and where. May aid in finding it on the NEW forum. Even though Forum HEADERS may move around a bit in the new site, the TOPICS won't move from within those forum headers. You only have to find it once, then add it to your bookmarks 👍

HTH

cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

tried that in desperation but I'm not logged on it and attempting to triggers an error. In the end I found what I needed by a careful trawl thru all my PC. TBH as the Topics I posted in is set up it's impossible for me to find something I started amongst everything else.

So you can understand my problem, I was unsure which topic I'd made the post in so seeing all my own Topics was the logical starting point. Still problem now solved.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Martin Wynne is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

Colin W said

Hi Colin,

To find all the topics you started, click this link:

Search content - Your Model Railway

or

Code

https://yourmodelrailway.net//index.php?page=search&id=cns_posts&option_cns_posts_starter=1&days=-1&sort=add_date&direction=DESC
Enter your user name (or any other member) in the box and leave everything else as it is or blank.

If you bookmark/favourite the page which comes up in your browser, you will be able to go directly to Topics I started at any time.

cheers,

Martin.

Last edit: by Martin Wynne

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Martin,

That works for me, much appreciated,

Colin

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things

Martin Wynne said

Colin W said

Hi Colin,

To find all the topics you started, click this link:

Search content - Your Model Railway

or

Code

https://yourmodelrailway.net//index.php?page=search&id=cns_posts&option_cns_posts_starter=1&days=-1&sort=add_date&direction=DESC
Enter your user name (or any other member) in the box and leave everything else as it is or blank.

If you bookmark/favourite the page which comes up in your browser, you will be able to go directly to Topics I started at any time.

cheers,

Martin.

Alternatively you can now use the "my topics" button in the menu bar which will automatically do the search for you.

Thanks to Ed and Martin Wynne for figuring out the search options, used your guys workarounds as the basis to build the new function.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Thanks Ed, Martin, Jay. That works 👍

Now, not being nitty picky, really Honest ! But breakage    Is it possible, or (desirable ?) to have the results displaying from NEWEST to OLDEST ?  l KNOW, once you have the search results you can click to go to the Last page, which contains the latest Topics you have created. .  . ,but. . . . But 🙂    🙃

What do you guys think

(Should I get me hat and coat ?)

Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Martin Wynne is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

breakage said

Alternatively you can now use the "my topics" button in the menu bar which will automatically do the search for you.

Hi Jay,

Great!

However, you have set sort=relevance.

I think most members would prefer sort=add_date, to get the most recent first. This forum goes back hundreds of years!

cheers,

Martin.

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

Barchester said

Thanks Ed, Martin, Jay. That works 👍

Now, not being nitty picky, really Honest ! But breakage    Is it possible, or (desirable ?) to have the results displaying from NEWEST to OLDEST ?  l KNOW, once you have the search results you can click to go to the Last page, which contains the latest Topics you have created. .  . ,but. . . . But 🙂    🙃

What do you guys think

(Should I get me hat and coat ?)

Cheers

Matt

I just went to the bottom of the page and clicked LAST

Ed
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.