Guest user

Sound and Pictures

No probs Max glad you got it sorted. Video looks fine on you tube btw.:thumbs
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Mt missus used to have about 300 budgies in her avery absolute racket they made

She has a smaller aviary now as has about 40 of them they are more quieter now.

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Have started work on the next heatherburn video. This time im experementing with some stop/go animation. If only I could get the pics in perfect time to the music! :roll:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Got the timing issue sorted just a shame about some of the errors that I made when I was moving the busses but the end result looks convincing! Got a fair bit done tonight just on with the last minute or so of footage. Goodness knows how many pics have been used must be a couple of hundred! Hopefully I can get finished tomorrow so I can upload to you tube. :thud
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Max - delighted you've managed to sort the problem out !!

I'm toying with the idea of a video camera having got both  VHS and Betamax gear lying around unused from years ago and now with duff and obsolete batteries.    You were really putting me off JVC which was worrying because there are some good deals her in France for their models.  Maybe that's why !!! :roll::roll:

Last edit: by Petermac

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Betamax was the better system in its day. Its use of wider tape made better quality recordings. When I did my YTS back in 84/85 the training centre had a sony video camera and a seprate video recorder that fitted over your shoulder. The tuner was again a seprate stand alone unit that sat under the recorder. ;-)

After taking another shed load of pics the video of the railway is finished and is being uploaded to you tube as I am writing this. I will post the link up later along with a link in my layout thread. Just wish it would hurry up!!! :roll: 
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Ok guys heres the link……

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gEMh6db2_JM

Quality is not as good on you tube as the origanal must be the way they encoded it!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Dave, very well presented  :doublethumb - unusual indeed. I guess it would have taken some time to do that.

It was good seeing the grass roots of the layout upto the latest all in one video.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Ron it has taken me about three days to do. The biggest pain was having to load all the pics in one at a time! Still looks ok for my first attempt at animation.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Nice one Dave.  It took me a while to get used to the format, but I enjoyed the tour.

Peter, don't worry about JVC - I've done all the spadework.  If you hit a hurdle, send me a PM.  The picture and sound quality are great, just throw away the booklet that comes with it!

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Max :thumbs

Dave, I agree re Betamax.  A much better piece of kit altogether than VHS.  Mine's a portable outfit with the shoulder slung recorder and similar sized tuner.  A pretty decent camera as well and takes excellent pictures even by todays standards.  Problem is, both the batteries and the tapes are difficult to get hold of and, in the case of tapes, they're now so old that they're usually knackered anyway with great chunks of coating missing.

The reason Betamax failed was that Sony thought it was such a good system they could sell it rather than go down the rental route.  Most domestic customers couldn't afford to buy video so they rented and all rental stuff was VHS.  Bet they kicked themselves for being too "confident" and not reading the market properly.  Does anyone remember the original Phillips VC2000 ?

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Sorry i dident look at this thread :S
The thing is with most convertors dont work so after trying my 30th or so converter it works hassel free.
All i had to do was open, select the file/s and it would convertert them, keeping highquality and it was simple. IF i can find it i will give you a link.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html

You can choose the oupput file, like psp, ipod, or things like avi (the one i choose) flv, mp4 e.t.c.
THen you got frames per second, size codec…

All the things come pre-set if u dont know what ur doing, trust me this is full proof.

Well i hope it is.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.