VIDEO EDITING

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Sound and Pictures

Max

have you looked at this package it is sold as a converter and includes your mov files

there is a trial download to see if it does it then its about $29 us

http://www.wmvtoaviconverterpro.com/

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks Brian.  I'll give it a go.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
same result Brian.  It is telling me that the MOV. files cannot be opened.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Max are there file permissions set on the mov files that are preventing them being opened you could well have pure read only on them which will not allow alteration?

I would suggest an email to the people that produce that software saying you are looking at purchasing the software but found it did not do what the advert said and convert your mov file they being developers could maybe tell you a solution as this must crop up because there must countless thousands of these JVC hard drive camcorders to be honest there are a few threads doing a quick search but not a massive amount which i would expect if it were a massively widespread problem

They advertise it as a conversion programme so it is in their interest to make sure it does what it claims. And being a commercial package you are more likely to get a positive responce than a freeware package.

cheers brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
They are not read only, Brian.  It's not only them.  I have tried many of these converters, but they are all the same - the files will not open.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I found a forum called Network Media Tank, Brian.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/index.php

I have actually managed to post a question.  There are many people with problems with JVC camcorders.  Maybe I'll get an answer.  Cheers  Max

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Max I see you are still having problems with your camcorder! It sounds to me that the format jvc are using is only compatable with their software and may differ slightly with a standard mov file. Having said that I have a recording studio set up at home using cuebase vst32 and I found once that if I change the settings when exporting the finished music as a wav file ie. bit rate, the files wont play back as standard wav files. Is there any settings on your camera that affect quality, frame rate, etc. It might be somthing as simple as the settings are diffrent to the way a standard mov file should be. I would have a look at what the standard mov format should be and then compare with wot the camera is set to. Hope this helps. Dave.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Max as i am having the same problem , iam also searching for a solution
have a look on  this one its a forum site called

digital director,then look in faqs, some info there might be of use to you.

:hmm:thumbs:lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks Dave and Owen.  I just used the camcorder out of the box to record.  The book that comes with it is not very helpful, but I'll have a play around to see if any of the settings can be changed.  It clearly is in the camera.  Every converter can't be crook.

Posted
Rating:
How long have you had the JVC Max?  Can you take it back and swap it for a Sony?  I got a Sony HDD and it automatically produces MPEg files.

I found these sites on google, try them at your own risk.

http://www.winavi.com/mov-converter.htm

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Video_and_Animation_Tools/MOV_to_AVI_MPEG_WMV_Converter.html

http://www.imtoo.com/mov-converter.html

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I have been struggling with it for about 3 months now.  I got it from Officeworks and saved $200 off retail.  Now I know why.  Officeworks have a no return policy.  If you have a problem, you have to deal with the manufacturer.  There is a young man at JVC who is manfully trying to help me, so far without success.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Max, that Officeworks policy - I would run that past Consumer Affairs - don't sound right to me - they sold it!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
SUCCESS - at last!  I finally got someone at JVC to tell me the secret.  You don't need their software, just click and drag the whole SD_VIDEO folder to the desktop.  Then open the converter (Prism Video Converter), convert all the MOV. files to WMV.  Then delete all the MOI. files.  Peversely, the files then default to C drive file/sub file/sub file, etc., so I moved them to the My Videos in the My Documents folder.  Then you can capture them into Moviemaker and edit them.  I have loaded a video on to the Railway Animals thread to test the quality.  If you click WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY, the quality is the same as that on the camera.  Whew!  I knew the blighters wern't telling me the whole story.  It had to be in the camcorder.  Their manual bears no resemblance to reality.  Thank you to all who went the journey with me on this one.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Happy as Larry, are we :question
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I will be if other members can see the video clearly on the High Quality setting.  I guess that will be the test . . .

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
The video is fine Max you an now go full steam ahead making movies of your layout now where are the budgies i thought you had loads in Australia.

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
we've eaten them all, Brian

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
CraigSR has a cage full of budgies -so Craig, get your camera going!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Nice one Max I bet you are so relived! Now you just have to get your head round the Ulead software now! ;-)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I'm going OK with the Moviemaker at this stage, but you're right, Ulead is waiting, Dave.  Thanks for all your help.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.