Guest user

Sound and Pictures

Owen - maybe I've got a different format, I load via a usb cable
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Martin mine has a/v jack only therein lies the problem
i need a capture card ,or rather one that works!!

:oops::cry::lol::lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
OK  I've been Googling (or should that be, Yahooing?) this subject and it appears that hard drive camcorders are universally like mobile phones.  My mobile phone will give you accupuncture and change the oil on your motorbike, but it's telephone service is average.  What is needed is the NMRA equivalent for cameras (NCCA?) standards.  It seems that compatibility has been a low priority with the manufacturers.  JVC, Sony, et al., dont make cumputers and vice versa.  I've tried all the workarounds from Roxio and other user group sites.  So far, no success.  There is a swap meet this morning and DECCA committee meeting lunchtime, so I'll continue this afternoon.  Cheers  Max
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I had a compatibilty issue just then with importing vids.
My new camera saves them as a .MOV file which is quicktime and would not work.
After googling around and try a few video converters i found a free one that fully converts without a hassel and now im enjoying my videos on windows movie maker :)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Ben!  Ben!  Ben! . . .  that's what's happening to me!  What is the name of this coverter?

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Ben we need a link, a link Ben please.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Hi Max, have a look at this freebie and see if it covers what you need. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to get to the free version.

Below is the blurb :

"Any Video Converter is an All-in-One video converting tool with easy-to-use graphical interface, fast converting speed and excellent video quality. It allows you to effortlessly convert video files between every format! It can convert almost all video formats including DivX, XviD, MOV, rm, rmvb, MPEG, VOB, DVD, WMV, AVI to MPEG-4 movie format for PSP or other portable video device, MP4 player or smart phone. Any Video Converter makes it easy for anyone to enjoy any format video with your PSP, mobile phone or MP4 player."

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Put this in Google "free video converter" and there's a whole raft of programs come up that seem to do the job.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks Bob.  I think most of the problem is with my lack of expertise.  I've saved the link and I'll try it tomorrow.  Cheers  Max

Posted
Rating:
[user=2]Robert[/user] wrote:
I have had a look on my wifes XP machine Max and the location for Movie Maker is :

C:Program FilesMovie Makermoviemk.exe

Doubtless you will have looked there but I offer this just in case.
You know I would have swore blind that I didn't have this but following this pathway I found it.  I'll probably continue with Image mixer 3 for the duration as I know my way around it but it's amazing what you have on your computer and don't know about.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Neil.  I found Moviemaker in my C drive under Program files.  It's what I used to edit the video of the Berkshire I did for Thomas.  The problem is my camera.  I took the Berk vid on my Sony stills camera, but I have bought a JVC hard drive camera so I can post with better picture quality in future.  Unfortunately it makes MOV. files which Moviemaker can't see.

JVC have tried to get around this problem by producing a software editing pack which comes with the camera and is MOV. friendly.  Sadly, it is nowhere near as sophisticated and user friendly as Moviemaker - and it produces movie files which won't upload either to Youtube or Photobucket.

The camera takes fantastic pictures and the sound quality is superb, bit I have a bit of a roadblock at present.  Cheers  Max

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Most of the free stuff in the Google link will change your MOV. files Max.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Bob.  I've got some office work to do, but I might have a crack this arvo.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi Bob.  I launched any-videoconverter.  When It opened it offered me a menu of video converters. I tried a couple and they were'nt able to convert my MOV. files.  Can you tell me which one you used?  Max

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Right Oh.  I have just wasted Sunday afternoon trying to convert my MOV. files to anything which will be acceptable by Moviemaker - result NIL.  I have sent the most abusive email to JVC I can get away with without the police coming to get me - didn't make me feel any better.

Is there anyone on this Forum who owns a HARD DRIVE camcorder?  Memory stick/card types work OK - I've proved that.  Has anyone actually made a movie using a HARD DRIVE camcorder?

Wendy has picked the JVC out of the bin, but I think my money is in the toilet.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Bear with me Max while I collect my thoughts.

JVC hard drive camcorder has files in MOV. but  you cannot find a  convertor to do what? so you can edit in Moviemaket before uploading into Photobucket? ? Have you contacted Photobucket about this?

JVC have not given you a system to be used?

I have put this problem into MRF to see if anyone else has an answer.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Sol.  The camcorder makes MOV. files.  Moviemaker will not capture MOV. files.  Moviemaker will capture MPEG files, so I thought I would get a converter, like Ben did, to convert them.  I tried several freeware converters from the site Bob suggested, but none of them was able to convert my MOV. files to ANY format which Moviemaker would accept.

I know how to work Moviemaker - I did a video with it on the Berkshire - but I used the Sony Cybershot still camera which makes MPEGs.

The Sony is a still camera, so the resultant video was marginal, at best.  The picture pulses with the sound changes.  Videos I have made when viewed on the JVC itself have fantastic picture and sound quality.

So, we know the computer is not at fault.  We know the Moviemaker software is not at fault.  The only other component is the camcorder.

JVC supplied a disc with some editing software.  It is as diabolical as the camcorder.  To say that it isn't as good as Moviemaker, let alone ULEAD; doesn't begin to describe how bad it is. 

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
My Canon Powershot camera gives me AVI files for the movies & Moviemaker works with those & so does Youtube OK - so far 8 views on MRF but no answers yet.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Sol.  Your Canon Powershot is more than likely, a memory card type, like my Sony Cybershot.  I'm convinced that it is the fact that it is a HARD DRIVE that is the problem.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I have put JVC forums into a search engine and there are a lot of forums out there dealing with JVC cameras. Perhaps you might find a solution there Max.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.