VIDEO EDITING

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member

Sound and Pictures

Thanks Bob.  Part of the problem was that I couldn't remember that Program Files is in my C drive . . . doh!  :oops:  I just have to wait now until my secret wedding anniversary gift arrives.  I agree that it is great - I have some ordinary videos from my still camera that I'm playing with for the time being.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks heaps  for posting the instructions, John. I must have a play with that sometime. It's on this machine but never been used.

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Sorry for the late response only just found this thread! I started off using windows movie maker but then I moved on to Ulead video studio 10. This program is so easy to use and does everything from editing multipul video tracks, tracking shots from still pics, titles, etc to creating DVD menus and out putting the end result to DVD, etc.

Here's an example that my dad did a while back using some stills taken on sutton bank and some of my music that he nicked!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cRtgLh0CeyA

Some more examples can be found on my parents website http://www.pawsforthought.org

I'm currently planning for a new video of the layout that will have to be shot now in the spring. For this I will be building a moving camera platform alongside the railway for some good tracking shots!

:cool wink
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi Dave.  Did you buy that Ulead, or is it free ware?  Cheers  Max

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Max I bought the software from PC world. Think I payed around £40 for it but for what it does it's worth the money. Theres a newer version 11 out now so I would imagin that version 10 could be found on ebay, amazon, etc.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=245]87 101[/user] wrote:
well done, Dave A$30.00 plus $6.50 pp   Cheers Max

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Dave.  While I am waiting for my Ulead to arrive, I am having a bit of a play with movie maker.  My new camera (a JVC MG 345) has created a couple of files in my movies folder.  The same video is in mpeg and MOI.  Windows media player will play the mpeg file, but will not play the MOI file.  When I try to import the files into movie maker, the folder shows as empty.  I guess it will be the same for the Ulead.

I made an mpeg video with my still camera (a Sony cyber shot).  It imports fine into movie maker.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Cheers  Max

Posted
Rating:
rjr
Guest user
Are you sure the stll camera outputs as .mpeg files ? My creates .avi files which will go into movie maker.

Just read the online distructions and these are the file types that movie maker supports for import

[*]Video files: .asf, .avi, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, and .wmv [/*]
so your mpeg file should be okay to import

Scanning the web for file extensions came up with this……

"Some models of the JVC Digital Camcorder record videos to .MOD video format. These files are sometimes produced with small .MOI files which contain time stamp information.

These files a simply MPEG-2 formatted video, saved with the .MOD file extension. It's reported that simply renaming the extension from .MOD to .AVI or .MPG. will make them compatable"

Hope this helps

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
The ulead program uses all sorts of formats so you might be ok. Will have a dig around for the manual.;-)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks guys.  I'll try renaming the MOI's

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
nope, that ain't it.  I might go back square one and record something and import it again with the manual open as I go.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I just googled the problem.  Apparently JVC camcorders are infamous for this problem.  There are a couple of workarounds which I have printed off and some software called Quicktime Pro, which apparently work.  I won't buy that until my Ulead arrives and then if it won't work with the camera/PC.  You would think JVC would make a camcorder which will allow simple downloads, wouldn't you?  I'll keep all posted.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
OK.  Go to START, My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, View and uncheck "Hide extensions".  That way, when you import the video file it shows all of the extensions at the begining.  Simple, when you know how . . .

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thats means a video soon then Max?

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
rjr
Guest user
I dont think renaming the MOI file will help as it only contains the time stamp info. If anything try renaming the mpeg to avi.

Will the non pro version of quicktime help? thats free!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
er, no Brian.  I can see 'em now.  Now I have to figure out how to import them.

I did it earlier today, but I can't do it again.  I'm working on it :pedal

Quicktime non pro might help, rjr, but I should be able to repeat what I did a few hours ago  :brickwall

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
following this with interest as i am having simillar probs with my cam, a
sony handycam as Max says at the price they should make them better to
load in.

:hmm;-):lol::lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Owen - I have a Sony Handycam and can load it into Movie Maker with no problems. What to do with it when its loaded is another matter!!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Martin i can`t get to load into the computer, having trouble with wintv card
at the mo.

:hmm:lol::lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.