Computers = Where is yours ?

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Max

Im sure Chris`s wife could make a stargazzy pie for you for lunch im sure many people would enjoy that :lol::lol:

(Def not me)

cheers Brian

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I reckon I've seen one of those on the teev, Brian.   Something diabolical looking up out of the pastry top?
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Max

I did ask and thanks for showing us all around your nerve centre (home) with the overall shots, your layout looks huge.

I asked the question in the first place to find out how many people had their computer next to or in their layout room, because of the rapid replies on this forum, but also to see how many use a computer to run their layout, and any research that might be needed. As I mentioned at the start of this thread, I have three Computers that I work from at work, with another four at home, but not one in the shed :hmm
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Eat outsde? Not in Cornwall this B time of the year you don't :exclam:exclam

Love the way you've made the front of the baseboards so deep and used the resulting surface as a panel Max. Don't remember seeing that done before, but I love it:exclam

PS my one and only computer is on my workbench / computer table which is in the corner of the layout room, just next to the window.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Mine is located in my music studio as I also use it for recording music on. Once work on the inside of the garage is finished the music gear will be migrating to the loft space above the railway. I will then proberly set up my spare PC in the spare bedroom so that the mrs can still have access to the internet!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
rjr
Guest user
My lap top is in the dinning room which is actually a through room to the lounge. It is getting a bit old and the battery only lasts 30mins so it doesnt get about much nowadays.
We have two other laptops in the house one older that the kids use for homework, one newer that Mrs RJR is suppose to own , but the kids think is theirs. They both live in various places in the living room.
There is an old PC on the youngest daughters desk she uses for card making.

Broadband use gets some hammer when you also factor in a boy on his X box live, and two I-touch's generally connected to facebook !!!!!

I did have the old PC in the shed for a while, my Wireles transmits that far. But I decided the space was required for trains, it is now the site of Springhead Wharf.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
One old clunker of a desktop connected to the home network in the front "office" at home, one wireless enabled laptop that connects to the network at home or in either of the shops (T's work computer) and my CAD station in the office.

Nothing in the layout room, I'd never get any modelling done. :shock:

Last edit: by Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Mrs IE201 works in IT so loads of computers in our house, Our main PC is in the Dining room, theres usually three laptops around as well wireless signal pretty good everywhere around house so one is in the model room permanently until herself figures out whats wrong with my old pc. 

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
i use a desktop at work i have a laptop at home in the living room. i am looking at buying a desktop for the  living room and then the laptop will move into the new shed. i have had the laptop running a loco using rocrail. quite a buzz when that first train sets off. if you want some info Alan i will start a PC CONTROL THREAD.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
A PC Control thread would be great Matt as it's a complete mystery to me at the moment and to some others I'm sure.

Posted
Rating:
Absolutely, Matt!  I've read some magazine articles on the subject but am none the wiser.  It's not that I want to computerize the operating of the layout - I am merely curious for a bit more knowledge.

Last edit: by rector

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=13]Matt[/user] wrote:
The laptop will move into the new shed. i have had the laptop running a loco using rocrail. quite a buzz when that first train sets off. if you want some info Alan i will start a PC CONTROL THREAD.

Yes yes yes please just incase you didn't get that        YES PLEASE.  :doublethumb

I'v heard this said before

Matt this is something that I know nothing about but it would interest me, but only when you have the time.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
My'n is located right in the middle of the layout.

Bugga, Sorry forgot to re-size the picture.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
That's an impressive layout room - are we going to have a guided tour soon ?

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Well seeing I have been summoned by the "moderator' best I get off my dairy air and get the video I have taken edited and posted forth with.

My humble apologies oh wise one……
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=960]new3802[/user] wrote:
Well seeing I have been summoned by the "moderator' best I get off my dairy air and get the video I have taken edited and posted forth with.

My humble apologies oh wise one……
:mutley:mutley:mutley:mutley

Apologies accepted but don't let it happen again …………..:cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Looking forward to the video,must keep an eye out!

James

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Just as Petermac said, 'nice layout room'. One thing I woukld like to see is some pics of the engine shed under construction on the right hand side of your layout.

Cheers, Gary.

ps. looks as if you are a Nissan fan…
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.