OO Gauge - Blossom Hill

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Firstly thankyou Bob for taking the photo`s

Trying to get Reg to take some is an impossible job:lol::lol:

Reg Blossom hill is really beginning to Blossom you seem to have moved on extremely well in all areas the station areas and new sidings look like your are going to put in a few hours there the double slips fit in well and they do save a great deal of space pointwork wise i have just bought a set myself to use in my goods yard.

Are you putting motors on the points and slips i cant remember .

Your scratchbuilt factory complex looks really good

Im glad you are happy with the prodigy everyone who has one of those seem very happy with them.

Now do we have to wait to Bob to get back from Liberia for more photo`s?

Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ditto from me Bob and Reg. :thumbs

A super looking layout - I particularly like the place names - I wonder, is there a "Claret Farm" or something ? :roll:

I'm assuming you like the Prodigy Reg.  Is that your first DCC system ?

Hope you have a god trip back to Liberia Bob. :cheers

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
my kind of setup, good long running rails for trains, more please.

:thumbs:lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=95]Sol[/user] wrote:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
Reg.  What a great layout!   :thumbs
Ditto from me too.

Ditto as well mate, lovely.

Phill

Posted
Rating:
Yes,come on Sparky,we can't get enough pictures of this.Its one of the most interesting layouts on the forum at a most interesting stage of its development.
   You really have to stop being so shy mate,its a layout to be proud of!!!
:pathead

Cheers,John.B.:thumbs

Last edit: by spurno

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Thanks Max . As you can see loads to do .

DD. That staircase ,have to admit several Shell wagons derailed at that point and hit the deck.  As it happens the stairs were carpeted and most just bounced ,one however hit the tiled floor at the bottom ,that lost a buffer and ladder ,so not too bad .:roll:

At the moment work is ongoing to a L E D supply, and 12volt supply, a switch for the welding unit (a Max supplied unit) together with a C D U supply. .  Further attention is needed next on the turntable as it works in spasmodic jerks! Bit of a laugh watching bob lining it up with the outgoing tracks. It is fed and controlled via an old Duette .  That 'also the 16v C D U supply and 12 v supply from appropriate outlets on the ends of the casing.

Thanks for your interest.:thumbs

reg

Posted
Rating:
A great layout and train room you have there, Reg. Good to see the photos and always splendid to see work in progress. It can inspire all sorts of ideas. Please keep the photos coming, especially as you work on those sidings and the station area.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I don't know how I've missed it for such a while so I've just read the whole thread and enjoyed every minute.:thumbs

Bozzy(never known to pass a pub)

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Thank you for those kind comments on Blossom Hill,and the questions posed.
Brian .yes the points do all have motors including the new double slips,they are Peco left over from the kids loft layout ,tested out ok (most of them) so are have been reused. They are conto;;ed via Peco passing contact switches housed in the appropriate boxes by Peco ,These also take the on /off switches for lighting and welder.The double slips are tricky to operate , when setting routes the loco's  go down the wrong road .Hopefully i will get used to the correct setting in time.:roll:.
Yes the Prodigy is fine,and so far  does what i ask it to. I find it easy to operate , change addresses and use the sound and light functions. In fairness i have not yet tried to read or tinker with decoder c v's yet but will get around  to it., and see how that bit goes.   The factory was supposed to be a copy of that in a film i saw many moons ago, I have since found it on youtube and my version is nothing like it should be. " Geoffrey Keen –chance of a lifetime " But i don't think i will change it now its half way through.

Peter  "Claret farm  "what a good idea,  maybe" Merlot mile " or" Chardoney  road?" any suggestions for a name to the station between the fiddle yard and the corner opposite the MPD welcome.  A brief history on the controllers . I changed half way through the wiring to go for DCC . I bought a Dynamis ,but did not get on very well with that ,too much jiggling to change anything ,plus i did not really like the joystick control. I had realised it may go out of contact with the base station , should i turn my back on it, but found it a pain after a while.to hold the handset over my shoulder.  Novice found me an e-z command on fleabay ,i got on much better with that .Very easy to use both to change addresses and use functions ,but it would only hold 9 loco addresses and as i was chipping a larger stable i was looking for another controller with a bigger capacity.  So far the prodigy has turned out ideal ,but we will see. Another good feature of this is the ability to move from the base station to extended outlets around the layout .Just unplug and move across anf the traffic is not interupted whilst doing so. The handset retains the instructions last fed in to it. I have bought some cable and further outlet sockets from Maplins and at present in the proccess of wiring these in.
So then thanks again for your interest shown chaps . most encouraging .

reg

Posted
Rating:
[user=31]sparky[/user] wrote:
Thank you for taking the photographs and posting them bob .  Safe journey .:thumbs

Thanks Reg. Just to let you know that I got back to Monrovia safe and sound, but very tired on Sunday. The dust covers are off Watton Erith and my suitcase full of N gauge stuff is unpacked and hopefully this weekend I can put the station complex on to the layout.

Thanks for a great day over at your place and at the Royston exhibition.

Bob(K) 

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
You are welcome Bob, i look forward to the next time. Any members on here withing easy traveling distance is welcome to visit , always a beer in the fridge .:thumbs

reg

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I have been constructing a canal museum, with shops and cafe under the arches at Blossom Hill. Here are some pictures:

Here is a view of the sluice gate;

And a peek through the window of the nearby machine shop drawing office:

Also a few shots of the local MPD, which has recently been completed:

Reg

reg

Posted
Rating:
Some super stuff there Reg. :thumbs

I really, really like the cafe scene - it looks so natural and absolutely heaving with detail.

I'm hoping you're going to give us a run through how you did it all - particularly the stuff in the drawing office ……..:roll::roll::roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
A few more:

And a 9F chugs past at the head of a coal train:

Reg

reg

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Great stuff there, Reg!   :thumbs   There's so much to look at and admire.  Sol and I have both built one of those cranes - you need the patience of Job.  I really liked the weathering on the wooden doors of Spies Heckler.

The telephone lines look like they were a lot of work as well.

Must go back and have another look around.  ;-)

Posted
Rating:
I paid a visit to Blossom Hill today to see what progress has been made and took a few pictures. First of all Reg has done some excellent work around the canal area, where he has a warehouse under construction. The level of detail is superb both inside and out. Although there is still much to do it is taking shape nicely:

Then a quick tour of the MPD, shows lights have been added, fuel tanks and a bit more detail around the engine shed:

Finally a bit of train spotting.

A 9F simmers in the sidings:

And I took my Blue Pullman for a burn up on the long straights of Blossom Hill:

Another great day!

Posted
Rating:
Some great shots Bob. :thumbs

I just love that canal scene - particularly the white canal side house which fits in perfectly.  It looks as if the warehouse is Scalescenes clad and, together with the "heritage area" on the opposite side, will make a beautiful study area for the layout.

The shot of the Blue Pullman galloping along the straight is a masterpiece.  Reg obviously designed this location for such shots - really conveys the image of speed.  Thanks for taking the trouble to update us :cheers

How long are you home for this time and did you get that Hollywood posting you were hoping for ? :lol::lol:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Here are a couple of videos from the same day:

The first is the Blue Pullman

Photobucket | Make your memories fun!

And the second is of Deltic:

http://s230.photobucket.com/user/Novice_2007/media/BblossomHillBluePullman026.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Bob

Last edit: by Bob K

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
Some great shots Bob. :thumbs

I just love that canal scene - particularly the white canal side house which fits in perfectly.  It looks as if the warehouse is Scalescenes clad and, together with the "heritage area" on the opposite side, will make a beautiful study area for the layout.

The shot of the Blue Pullman galloping along the straight is a masterpiece.  Reg obviously designed this location for such shots - really conveys the image of speed.  Thanks for taking the trouble to update us :cheers

How long are you home for this time and did you get that Hollywood posting you were hoping for ? :lol::lol:
Thanks Peter

Home just for another ten days - short one this time.  I got offered Mogadishu, but felt it was a bit too exotic!

Bob

Last edit: by Bob K

Posted
Rating:
:mutley:mutley:mutley

Hope you enjoy the rest of your leave Bob. :cheers

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.