OO Gauge - Blossom Hill

Posted
Rating:
You see what happens, put 2 old guys on a layout, they start to do things and because of their age they go slkow and therefore not alot is done, :brickwall:mutley:pedal

Phill

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

I was visiting Reg today, following our trip to the Royston MRE and I spent a bit of time testing some stock on Blossom Hill. Reg has installed a rather magnificent suspension bridge, with lights and I took the opportunity to take a picture. Here is one of Reg's locos (Bachmann Class 24) crossing the bridge, with all the lights on:

Looks pretty good to me!

Bob(K)

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Excellent.  Now all I have to do is remember where I saw it for next weeks HPOTM.  Could you photoshop that right hand light a bit, Bob?  Tilt it to the right a touch . . . :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
OK Reg, how come you have been hiding work on the layout from us. Naughty boy.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Bob

He is a sly old fox he is secretly beavering away all the time on blossom hill only Bob(Novice) gets to see the progress.

Cmon Reg no more excuses get that camera clicking otherwise i will flood your email box with pms from everyone on the forum every ten minutes:lol::lol::lol:

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
As you say a sly old dog. Come on Reg where are the pics. No excuse now mate, get them on here.

Phill

Posted
Rating:
That bridge shot is beautiful….even from a non-railway lovers' position,it would still be a very 'arty' shot.
    ……….. no more hiding your light under a bushel,mister!!!!
:pathead
Cheers,John.B.:thumbs

Last edit: by spurno

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I had not realised a pal of mine had the bridge on Youtube . anyone interested can find on Youtube as "Afternoon running session"

Heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDO39iX_s48 ( added by henryparrot)

reg

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Thanks for the link Brian. As you can see  lots to do to finish that area .Water, shingle, weed etc . In attendance that afternoon were novice (thats his A4) and Simon .now a deleted member.

reg

Posted
Rating:
I shall have to take a look at that Reg. Any more progress on the layout?

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Unfortunetly not Bob. Still decorating and looking after s w m b o .Had a quick run of Simons heljan class 15 . :lol:

reg

Posted
Rating:
Ooh, been looking at those, how did that run? Also how did it negotiate the points around your fiddle yard area, which I know you were working on last time I was there?

Bob(K)

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
The class 15 ran very well bob. The lighting on this model (i think its a Heljan thing) is not easy to discern but is there. .quite smooth running ,and quiet.

Those points on the fiddle yard .I bought second hand at an exhibition, one in particular has and still is a problem i have to clean the small tab on the moving rail quite often ,when i get back on to wiring i may be able to solve it  without removing the point and disrupting otherwise satisfactory work.:thumbs

reg

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Reg yes it is Heljan

Heres a piccy of the lights forward first

A reverse direction you can just see the two red lights the flash makes them duller they are bright normally

Nice loco runs well like all Heljans

Brian

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Thanks Brian. Simons lights are not as bright as those . could be because the loco was not chipped and we ran it on dc?

I will show him these piccys  and he can look to see if something is amiss.  :cheers

reg

Posted
Rating:
I paid Reg a quick visit whilst home in UK for a couple of days ( I fly back to Liberia tomorrow) and took a look at Blossom Hill. Reg and I also did a bit of testing of his new Prodigy DCC system, which I have to say was very easy to use and overall very good. In doing so I followed a couple of locos around the track and here is an overview of Blossom Hill:

Starting at the fiddle yard, exiting from the top of the picture:

The track turns left, over the stairs via a rather grand suspension bridge:

Then left again, over Jacobs Creek down towards Blossom Hill station:

Past a small headshunt siding:

Into the planned station area, with sidings about to be laid on the right:

A new development has been the insertion of two double slip points (still to be weathered) located at the far end of the station throat and on the goods loop, to access the new area of sidings. The wiring up of the turntable is also completed:

Also a new factory complex, based on converted old buildings, is being scratch built in the area of the arches (note the canal):

Finally the track swings left, running over Reg's work bench and turns back towards the fiddle yard:

A great layout with some superb long runs for lengthy expresses and freight trains to stretch their legs.

Bob(K)

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Thank you for taking the photographs and posting them bob . My word the camera shows up the crooked track :oops: . Safe journey .:thumbs

reg

Posted
Rating:
I see the staircase route follows closely the Gordon prototype - with marginally less damage!

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Reg.  What a great layout!   :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
Reg.  What a great layout!   :thumbs
Ditto from me too.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.