OO Gauge - Blossom Hill

Posted
Rating:
#30775 (In Topic #2063)
Legacy Member
I thought it was time to write an update on progress on my layout-Blossom Hill. For those who do not know, it is a 00 gauge modern era tail chaser, going around the layout room of about 26 x 16 feet. So far work has focused on building the base boards and track laying along one wall. In all about 10% of the layout is complete. Later I will produce a track plan and take some overview shots. however, here are a few pix of areas that are nearing completion:

This is the small culvert bridge crossing Jacob's Creek!

A small platelayers hut sits on the main line:

Looking back from a small siding off the main track:

Then at the far end, beyond what will be the station complex, we have a small industrial area. Here are some views:

Finally a short video of a class 37 at speed on the main line:

I will post some views of the MPD area in my next piece.

Reg

reg
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Reg

Like the look of your layout, have you used cotton for all the wiring from pole to pole, and the Industrial area looks very good, looking forward to seeing a plan, and of course more photo's.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Like the 'under the arches' shots Reg. Very artistic.

mikey
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member

A couple of pictures of the MPD area:

Reg

reg

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Reg you old dog you have been hiding these piccys from us.

From what i have seen so far you are cooking on gas now

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
rjr
Guest user
great stuff, Scalescences and Metcalfe kits, a man after my own heart!

I like the coiled barbed wire.

John
RJR
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Reg I had no idea you had so much built. Love the look of the industrial area and Jacob's Creek. Named after the winery?

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Reg, nice to see an update on your layout. There's a few scenes there that we haven't seen before.

I'd forgotten how much space you had available, a plan of your proposals would be much appreciated, as would an updated overall photo of the room.

Just one question, about the grass on the first photo of Jacob's Creek, can you tell us how it was done. It looks very good, so I thought I'd pick your brains :thumbs:thumbs  
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
… and it's a sound 37 too. It's almost enough to make me change scale.
Great to see the photos and video Sparky, glad you are making progress, look forward to more.
cheers

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Oh no - I've just seen and heard the video. I have to have one of those diesels.

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Reg you sly old dog you, no idea how far you had got. Last i heard you was doing the bridge conversion. Lovely video and a lovely sound 37. Well done.

Phill

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
At last Reg, at long last, you've treated us to some pictures of what I know to be a super layout. I'm really glad to see them and it's a treat to see some of your scenic work. :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs I recommend people sit back and watch this one develop.

A diesel with sound as well eh Reg? Cool!:cool wink

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Hey - that looks really good Sparky.

Love the photos through the arches. :thumbs:thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
A diesel with sound, it's a Class 37 and it's blue - doesn't get much better than that Reg!  Some great pictures, love the occupation bridge.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Many thanks for the kind comments lads , novice came over and helped with the piccys ,that was a learning curve on its own.:lol:

Alan the telegraph wire is silk worm invisible elastic .the product info very kindly passed on to me via chris nevard who has used it to better effect on calshott burtle.one can separate tiny strands to get a very thin line as i think chris may have done ,in this case though i have taken the easy way out and used it at full diameter wire.

RJR the coiled barbed wire is fuse wire 5amp i think. painted over with silver glitter glue from hobby shops.the  piccy shows how i should have taken more care in coiling it and fixing it to the support.

yes Mike c it is supposed to be jacobs creek of winery fame .also blossom hill is a californian wine you may not find over in oz.

Jeff the grass is dyed carpet underfelt ,a little goes a long way.if you cannot find any i have some left i can post it to you .

i have learnt via this thread how the camera picks out the bits that looked fine to the eye ,from above the layout .the view under the arches for example shows an awful finish to the parapet wall top so i will have another go at that.. the wall lights are springfield fitted with .8 mm led,s they are a so and so to solder but look good when dimmed down as they flicker as the prototype,.

i would like to do a how to on soldering those ,but my camera will not allow piicys that small that close.,and stay in focus..more soon when further progress is made thanks again .

reg

reg

Posted
Rating:
Reg,
    What a great looking layout….and where HAVE you been hiding it???
    More pictures,please!!!

Cheers,John.B.:shock:

Last edit: by spurno

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for the great video's Reg. My favourite has to be the class 37, just love the sound, brilliant :doublethumb.

I take it you have sound on all your stock then.

You have to bring your class 37 next time your down so i can hear it for real on my layout before i put one on my wish list for next year :lol:.

Phill

Posted
Rating:
All that layout, and sound as well. Makes me go all DCC. A very nice effect.

'

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member

Some examples of the use of .8mm led,s fitted to springside lanterns and tops of street lamps.

reg

reg

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
liked the vids,very impressive and the use of those small led`s
looked really good.

:cheers:thumbs:thumbs:lol::lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.