What camera do you use?

Posted
Rating:
#550 (In Topic #178)
FS
Inactive Member
As it is my job (and I really like it) to sell cameras I am always interested into other photographers cameras and their experience with them.
What do you have and why?  :?:

Thomas

TUTTO IN GRIGIO ARDESIA
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thomas

I use my wife's Canon Digital Power Shot A460 5.0 mega pixel.  Why? - my daughter told us it was a good camera.  I am very happy with the results.

Novice

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I use and really like my Olympus C750 UZ    4MP    One main reason for purchasing was its use of AA batteries. The 10X optical zoom was important too, though not for model shots, of course.

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
trevis digicam,6mps takes still& video and like mikec aa batteries
good for macro too. 8)  8)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Nothing fancy.  An Olympus FE 250.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Samsung digimax 8 meg point and shoot AND I GET SO FRUSTRATED WITH IT!!!!!!!

Mike (Saving hard!)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Sony DSC H1 and bought it because it had such good reviews everywhere and I just loved the big screen. Problem is I haven't learned how to get the best out of it without buying expensive extras.

Posted
Rating:
Nikon 995 - 'cos it focuses down to 2 centimetres and all the functions can be controlled manually. That means I can mess pictures up far more easily than with a simple 'point-and-shoot' jobby.  :shock:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:

Seriously, I really did buy it for it's close-focusing facility - but nothing to do with modelling.

Perry

Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Fuji Finepix 2800Z, hand me down but I do have access to something more exotic if required.
So far all my shots of the models have used the Fuji with little fuss.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Mine's a Fuji Finepix S6500fd.
Why? well I looked around at what was available and thought digital SLRs wre vastly overpriced. With this I've got all the features of an SLR (except lens change & hot shoe) at about half the price.
Macro, super macro, auto, manual, 9 other modes, optical zoom, AA batteries, screen or TTL viewing and more.
Just need to master it now :!:  :!:

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
Sony DSC - W7. Love the camera but oh boy does mine eat batteries. I have AA rechargeables to keep the cost down but sometimes with these or with ordinary batteries, if I use flash, I only get 3 or 4 photos (10 to 12 if no flash).  :x  :x

So Thomas perhaps you can tell me, is this normal or do you think the camera is faulty? :?

Regards,

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Konica KD-20M 2.3mpx I think , have had it for about 4 years now I use Duracel AA batteries they last a lot longer than any other

Brian(G)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Canon 350D with a Tamron 28-75 F2.8 lens usually ,also a Canon S3IS ,I have just bought a Fujifilm f31 FD at a local Norfolk store for 100 or so quid which I thought was amazing as it has been deleted and fetches 200 odd on Ebay
In the past I have had a Canon 10D  and some L lenses . and a Canon G5 which my daughter now has.my wife has a Kodak DX6440 which although old can take a very mean picture
my first Digital was an Olympus c4000
The Fuji is fantastic for macro and model shots as it has superb high ISO results(400 -800-1600 ) all  very usable  and  great macro.The S3 IS also has stunning macro but not so hot on high ISO so often needs flash or better lighting .my wife and I love photography
please see
 PBase.com
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I have a Sony DSC 1 Les and I use Sony rechargeable batteries which do very well indeed whereas ordinary rechargeable ones last no time at all. Don't know what type you use.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I use Canon A640 10MP with GP rechargeable batteries.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
My son's  :oops:

I point
I click
I upload
I delete

It works

Sometimes :evil:

Bryan
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
My son's mobile  :oops: , he takes and loads it on here for me  :D .
Phill

Posted
Rating:

Novice said

Thomas

I use my wife's Canon Digital Power Shot A460 5.0 mega pixel.  Why? - my daughter told us it was a good camera.  I am very happy with the results.

Novice
I'm pretty sure that's what I use too.  I only use my digital for photos I'm uploading to the web though.  I still prefer my SLR in general.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
just as a matter of interest,i had the same problems with
batteries as all the rest now i use uniross rechargable
they last for ages,best ones i have come across.
 :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  8)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
The problem with rechargeable AA-size batteries is that they are usually nominally 1.2 volts instead of the 1.5 volts for the 'normal' (non-rechargeable) ones.

The normal AA batteries lose voltage gradually as they discharge, taking a fair while to reach the crtitical low-voltage point at which a camera or other device will stop working.

The rechargeable ones maintain their output pretty close to 1.2 volts, but then their voltage drop-off occurs much more suddenly.

If your camera runs on two batteries, then obviously using rechargeables means it is only getting 2.4 volts supplied as opposed to 3 volts using normal batteries. That's quite a reduction! It's even worse if the camera uses four batteries: 4.8 volts instead of 6 volts.

That is the reason why a lot of battery-powered devices do not recommend rechargeables.

Perry

Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.