Edging

Posted
Rating:
[user=1801]Passed Driver[/user] wrote:
Hi Nigel.  Thank you. I have never thought much about “statistics” , I purchased Hornby system 4 or 6 to prove that.Then someone recommended Graham Farish OO Points, another bod said “ you should have bought Peco “ . And all that was fifty years ago. Your comment  â€œ And that the curves for getting the exit track parallel “ , that is what I thought was I idea of the asymmetric point. But, wrong again.   Best wishes. Kevin

Hi Kevin,

There are lies, more lies, and then there are statistics. Expert opinion is usually…not. Run a mile when you get expert opinion on matters statistical. When you have controlled every variable and it still doesn't work, the first person to have a look at it will point out the obvious error. Or it will work. Sometimes.

On any point you will need some space immediately after the exit to allow for clearances. It can be quite a lot.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ron.  Thank you.  Not yet, but, that is what I had assumed all the way along! There is so much going on at the time of writing , I don’t know whether I am on standing on my head or feet. I purchased a razor saw, which I cannot find,and I have been on a mission in the garden, I have varnished the baseboard , as soon as I either find the razor saw or get a new one I can get on with cutting the gap, between the Inglenook and the fiddleyard then test the points and track etc etc. You know what I mean, not forgetting several mugs of tea.  Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Nigel      Thank you.  Your comment. “When you have controlled every variable and it still dosen’t work”, sounds like something penned by Conan Doyle . This is serious stuff, of course , I will lay the track, and test it for derailments, paying particular attention to the track nearest to the edge, before I fix it down. And when I am satisfied with the running I will drill the holes for the tie bar and droppers etc. I have the basic Bachman DC controller and plenty of DC Loco s to test the track.   Best. Wishes. Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi Kevin,
Taken from the "Worm Runner"s Digest". Circa 1964-5, which tabulated Bugere's, Murphy's and Sod's laws. I take solace  in the fact that one of the most used (and abused) statistical tests, Student's t-test, was formulated by an employee of the Guinness brewery in Dublin. Presumably it involved extensive testing and sampling. 

Farish points - better looking than the Peco ones. As was the track.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Hi Nigel.   Thank you. I did prefer the Farish points, but, it is like the difference between a Nikon camera and a Canon camera.   Best wishes. Kevin

Posted
Rating:
,Hi Nigel.   Thank you for your reply.   Help urgent problem, today I have received a PM from Matt that I couldn’t open, and I have received a PM from yourself, also that I couldn’t open. Please Help me sort this out.Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Kevin, I just sent you a test PM. hope you get it?

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.