Kernow MRC Advert Poll

Posted
Rating:
#20865 (In Topic #1607)
Legacy Member
I am running a poll to find out what our membership thinks of the new advert layout in Hornby Magazine. Do you prefer this to our previous layout which is still in Railway Modeller and Model Rail?
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Now this time I haven't voted so I am looking at the two choices below the question and being asked to vote Yes or No. So far so good.
I can also click on 'View Results' and see that so far votes haven't been cast so everything is as it should be. Let's hope it is for everyone else too.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Bob, perhaps it has to be in the poll section to work properly?

This is only really a bit of a finger in the air test to see what the membership think, and I will try and scan the ads over the weekend.  Thanks for all your help in advance folks!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
A scan would be ideal Chris as I think many of the members may never see the real thing.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Chris  or should it be Christ he says on bended knee

I voted yes as it is an improvement the yellow background does tend to make it easier to read and the free postage over a £100 splat banner is very clear and does not interfere with the main text.
The highlighted limited edition sections also draw your eye which will make people look at them where in the old advert although seperate they did tend to blend in with the rest of the advert.

cheers Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I also voted yes, find it more attractive to one's eye and i like the way you have included pics into it as well, you seem to look more at the whole advert this time, instead of skipping, of course i always read it Chris  :D .
Sp all in all very good now, keep it please, may be ordering very soon as well.
Phill

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
To my eyes, HM font size  seems slightly bigger so it is easier to read.

As it stands, HM is now the only mag I get so it will be that & any Internet/e-mail  advice that will let me know what is coming.

Phill, I find Kernow's website good & so far I have nothing but kind words about the service I have had ( last order cost 48 GBP to post to Aust).
So I voted YES.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Well not many votes so far, but 100% result!

I have scanned the two, only the full page part, for those who do not get one or either of the magazines.

New layout in Hornby magazine: -

Original layout in Railway Modeller: -

Thanks for all your help folks!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Now I have seen them both Chris I have voted for the latest one. Much better for reading everything. The stuff at the bottom of the old design looks a bit like an add on and I had to look twice to ensure that it was part of the same advert.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Bob - you are spot on as it was an add on.  The advert developed over time when we started with a quarter page, then went to a half page and then a full page when we started doing limited editions.  The limited editions being bolted on to the existing advert!

I think Hornby mag have done a good job and it probably needed a fresh look.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Not much wrong with it now Chris. Looks like an eay read in the mag proper.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
yes vote for me,agree with the comments so far.
 :lol:  :lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Chris …. new advert a major improvement … it gets a yes from me

Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I've taken my time with this one Chris, as having spent a large part of my electronics career heavily involved with marketing, I did not want to spout off and influence others opinion.

Having said that, the unanimous yes opinion confirms my original feelings.
There are a few technical reasons why the new advert is a better marketing tool, but it's not necessary to elaborate, just to agree with the other opinions and add my yes vote.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
Chris,
My copy of HM has arrived now and I have had chance to compare the two "in the flesh" as it were.

As I may have mentioned on a previous occasion I spent all of my working life in Marketing and like Jeff could probably wax lyrical but I wont. Suffice it to say that in general terms I find your advertisement more attractive than it was previously and lets face it, its first role is to attract. I also believe you are right to emphasise one of your usp's, i.e. that of the exclusive editions. They are now much better presented and this helps make your advertisement more interesting. This is particularly important when you're sharing a magazine where others have very similar lists and prices. I don't think the eye is caught by the watermark and its removal for a bolder statement in another part of the ad could make it even easier to read.  In fact you already say this on the right.

These are just initial gut re-actions and only my opinion but to me you have made a significant improvement. (I wish I had Jeffs thumbs up emoticon).

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Use this one Les, it's out of our Smilies section.

Posted
Rating:
Bob just a quick one how do you use them smileys again, tried the property and then copied the url but not working?
Phill

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
Here you go then Chris:

Thanks Bob I'd forgotton those tucked away little blighters.

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Right click on the image Phill, click on 'Properties', highlight and copy the url that is shown, paste the url into your post and add the sign at the end. Bingo!

Posted
Rating:

Hope it works
I think it do acording to the preview, so heres thumbs up to Chris oh and Les for getting his right as well.
Phill
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.