Bachmann Class 42 Warship

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Hi Ron,

Class 70…, hmmm ??

Did the designing engineer forget to intergrate headlights/marker lights and windscreen into the design from stage 1 ? I can just picture it, "Just cut a hole here and whack some glass in…" and "Just attach those boxy thingies there and throw some lights into em…". Or was it a case of letting the apprentice design engineer have a go at both the no.1 end and no.2 end when the lead design engineer was off for the day ??  :lol::lol::lol:

Have to ask, what is with the small grill between the headlights/marker lights ? :???:

Even though they are very odd looking (ugly), I bet they are very useful… I hope I haven't offended anyone, as I said previously, each to their own.

Cheers, Gary.

Last edit: by Gary

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ron, compared to a class 70 I'M beautiful!!!  
:mutley :mutley :mutley

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
Had a Engineer give us a talk at Cornwall Railway Society and I can't type here what he said about them:shock::shock:.

Apparently they are really bad 2 stroke design that is not good for the environment. What they used to call at Swindon - Blacksmith technology.

Simon

Posted
Rating:
For the record I'm a fan of the Class 42 warship  -  maybe because then bring back memories of my childhood trainspotting with my grandfather at Plymouth North Road in the early 60's

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.