Making Wagon Sheets (Tarpaulins)

Posted
Rating:

Weather protection for your miniature wagon loads.

Thank you Claus.  As I said at the beginning of this thread, the original idea is not mine so credit belongs elsewhere.  I certainly think that adding a tarpaulin adds interest to a basic wagon.  The wagon shown above with the small pool of water therein is simply a 'straight out of the box' rtr wagon.

Terry

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Looks good Terry. I've recently re done a workspace area in the house to make it far easier for me to tinker when the mood takes me ( things used to basically  shut down in the winter/ spring as the old workshop is baltic on low temperature  days!) Anyway I've  snuck in a shelf for a small O 16.5 shunting plank above the workstation (which can also be used for testing, programming, servicing  OO stock)
 I have a half dozen open wagon to play with on the narrow gauge plank and seeing these, I now know how to add a bit of variety  and interest 👍

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Matt.  I have found this project to be an interesteing break from working on other projects.  Whilst visiting the show at Ally Pally a few weeks ago I decided to observe every layout just to prove that nobody puts tarpaulins over their wagons.  What did I find.  Nearly evcery other wagon was sheeted!  Another pet theory bites the dust!

Terry
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.