Benygys Heritage Railway

Posted
Rating:

N Gauge Heritage Railway

Try again with thinner card ……………………………….. lot to do on this  but it's a start! prototype low relief flats to be! They may not pass building regs!!!  :mutley

Life is just a bowl of cherries!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

What will the clients think! Apartment guests due in the next few days!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
Rating:
Yesterday, ordered a ND204A Dapol N Gauge Class 57xx Pannier Tank 6713 BR Black with Early Emblem (Pre Owned) from TMC Shop. I have a new Pannier and Autocoach on order but they aren't due til April!!!!! Obviously the Model Shops have issues with N Guage  locos and coaches, so have bid for some coaches also on Ebay, we'll see how I get on. Sue drove me over to Falmouth to buy some wood for the base, which thankfully they sell at a size that can be put in a car! Josh and I can now look to making the base. It will be a slow process as I'm still getting over my Operation and catching Covid on top! I have now had four Covid jabs so that did help!

The first clients have arrived and are waving. Hot Tub not installed yet though!

Some progress! Problem solving the use of the old control panel now, Will probably dismantal it and insert in model base. Touch of recylcing of an old Car Boot purchase from a lot of years ago. The base will be 6 ft by 2ft which leaves the rest of the Workshop bench for Sue's Ceramics. hey ho!

Posted
Rating:
And so the name of the game changes! The Metcalfe platform arrived safely as did the new secondhand Pannier Tank! This morning I bought an Autocoach from Ebay. We now need to resolve the problem of what to put behind the layout to prevent damp from what was/is a retaining yard wall from penetrating the plywood diorama. The layout base will be 6ft by 2ft in dimensions. The old control panel will be dismantled and set into the base. Fascinating. I've also ordered a Metcalfe Platform Canopy, BUT will there be one station and then another platform say on the curve ????????????????????????? for visitors to get on and off the trains? How will they cross the track to get to other amenities on their Visitor Experience? Wow, this is fun! 
Yesterday the powering up of the control consul was an issue but all the Car Boot purchases from years ago have resulted in a bag full of controllers and power controls. I'm not allowed up to the Attic 00 Guage Layout without Josh and Sue coming with me as I am still convalescing. 
BUT the N Guage is underway a a new adventure which is challenging Josh and I!
  :hmm :doublethumb :chicken

Posted
Rating:
:hmm So, everything is dismantled for the minute as Sue is going to treat the wall for damp. The wall side wood of the basee and the plywood for the diorama and low relief builds needs to be damp proofed to prevent mould and the plywood sucking up the damp from the wall. We have a possible solution of a membrane for this. Josh and I are still getting our heads around the size of N Guage and the possibilities and problems for the concept of our Vision for the layout! Having an engine and in the next few days an Autocoach is a great help! hey ho  :brickwall :chicken

Posted
Rating:

Just arrived via Ebay ……….. Autocoach!

Posted
Rating:
Put a bid in for these before I bought the Autocoach! Won the three for £10 each! hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Love Ebay!
Cancelled my pre Order for a new Pannier Tank and Autocoach as delivery in predicted for after April! Got one Used Pannier Tank from same shop online so would be interested in a Prairie Tank on Ebay if a Runner!
How did I get Josh and I into this?!!!!!!!!!

Posted
Rating:
 These arrived safely yesterday! I'm bidding on Ebay for a collection of maroon coaches! That will complete the Coach collection! So the Heritage coaches will be BR, no GWR as they are predominantly the theme of the New Dawn 00 Collection. We will purchase at some stage a second engine which I hope will be a Prairie Tank, but finances need to be put together first!  :hmm :Happy

Posted
Rating:
Sue sprayed the wall with mould repellient then yesterday I gave it a coat of paint. We have the wood for the base, so next to think through the making of it. I have ordered a moisture repellient sheeting to put behind the plywood between it and the wall. It's a start. Making haste very slowly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :hmm

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.