Diesel Refuelling Point

Posted
Rating:

Another quart in a pint pot!

Thanks Ed.  I am using the 'Kirby Coupling'.  That is the standard Bachmann coupling with a paper staple fixed to the dropper part of the hook.  I have refined it slightly by forming a small loop in the end of the staple to create a larger area to be attracted by the magnets, which are buried beneath the track sleepers.  I now solder the staples in place as I found superglue was not up to the job.

Terry
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I only asked as you mentioned sighting problems when uncoupling. Understand what you mean now and perhaps a mirror would solve the problem.

Ed
Online now: Yes Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Yes.  Originally, the fuel tanks were to be placed at the right hand end of the layout, against the backscene.  At some point I decided to move them to the front, but of course I had already fixed the uncoupling magnets in place, so uncoupling is now obscured by the fuel tanks.
Thanks for your interest Ed.

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Ed)
A suitable mirror, on an extendable handle, was fixed to the rear of the layout with terry clips..

IMG20240429113832.jpg

The red mark on the top of the wall marks the point where the centre of two adjoining couplings should be positioned for uncoupling to take place on the nearby siding.  Similarly, the overturned fire-bucket marks the uncoupling position on the rear siding.

IMG20240429114004.jpg
IMG20240429114029.jpg
Terry

Last edit: by col.stephens

Posted
Rating:
I wondered why you wanted an extendable mirror… very clever. Easy to remove for storage during travel to prevent damage too.

I like the pea souper backscene too.

Very glad you had plenty of interest.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Marty.

Terry
1 guest and 1 member have just viewed this: Ed.