Slow posting ....

Posted
Rating:
Where is this "Return" button Martin speaks of.  I cant find it.  

Rick
Layouts here and here
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
When you post your ermmm post. . . Instead of seeing 'please wait while your message is posted' or something like that you see ' please click here to return ? ( I think that's it I'll check when I post this and ammend)

" thank you for posting please click here to return" ( in green and blue at the bottom)

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
[user=2080]Barchester[/user] wrote:
When you post your ermmm post. . . Instead of seeing 'please wait while your message is posted' or something like that you see ' please click here to return ? ( I think that's it I'll check when I post this and ammend)

" thank you for posting please click here to return" ( in green and blue at the bottom)
I wonder why I don't see that.  I usually just get a "hang" while the site decides I've posted.  Though I know others can see the post immediately.  Occasionally I get the "Please wait ….. " message.  

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Martin Wynne is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
test

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Gwiwer wrote:
I wonder why I don't see that. I usually just get a "hang" while the site decides I've posted.

Hi Rick,

When you click the Send button, the button should vanish and be replaced with this:

Click the blue Return link to see your post immediately. Maybe you need to scroll down a little to see the link?

If that's not happening, please can you post a screenshot of what you see when you click Send? Which browser are you using? If anyone is still using Internet Explorer, all bets are off.

cheers,

Martin.

Posted
Rating:
Hello Doug
Has Bisto landed yet?

Regards

Derek

Posted
Rating:
[user=1984]Martin Wynne[/user] wrote:
Gwiwer wrote:
I wonder why I don't see that. I usually just get a "hang" while the site decides I've posted.

Hi Rick,

When you click the Send button, the button should vanish and be replaced with this:

Click the blue Return link to see your post immediately. Maybe you need to scroll down a little to see the link?

If that's not happening, please can you post a screenshot of what you see when you click Send? Which browser are you using? If anyone is still using Internet Explorer, all bets are off.

cheers,

Martin.
Test 
Added screenshot.  No "Thank you for posting" anywhere.  Mac OS 13.1 / Safari 16.2  It's the same on the phone running iOS 16.1.2 

Last edit: by Gwiwer

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
[user=1753]Gwiwer[/user] wrote:
Added screenshot.  No "Thank you for posting" anywhere.  Mac OS 13.1 / Safari 16.2  It's the same on the phone running iOS 16.1.2 

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the screenshot. Assuming that is after you clicked Send?

You should be seeing a 2 here, when posting:

If you are not seeing the 2, it means this ancient software thinks you are still using Internet Explorer in 1995. I will see what I can do about it.

cheers,

Martin.

Posted
Rating:
There is a 2. The mystery deepens. 

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
And yes the screenshot was taken after hitting Send. About 20 seconds after. 

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Thanks Rick.

That's odd. I will see what I can find.  :???:

Anyone else having the same problem? Anyone using Mac / Safari / Apple phone and not seeing the problem?

Thanks.

Martin.

Posted
Rating:
I use a mac, but with 11.7. No problems here.

Cheers Pete.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.