can't complain about the service or cost

Posted
Rating:
[user=540]gdaysydney[/user] wrote:
In the past week I have ordered a number of spare parts from the UK and all have advised that delivery is suspended due to problems with Royal Mail.  - Some have offered alternatives but at a substantial cost , so those projects have gone on hold for the time being!  ….

I had an alert from Hattons when they froze shipments via Royal Mail so no doubt there will be another when things resolve themselves (sufficiently) for them to resume. After all it must be impacting their Export business dramatically.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=540]gdaysydney[/user] wrote:
…………….

Fortunately deliveries from China haven't been impacted so other projects can continue….. now where is that weather balloon they were delivering????  my tracking service says its been routed via the USA
:mutley

:mutley   I understand it's gone for a swim somewhere in the Carribean.

Regarding UK deliveries, I've virtually stopped online purchases because the french customs people have a field day often virtually doubling the cost with duty, charges and VAT.  I now either ask friends to bring stuff over when they come or wait until I go over myself which, unfortunately, isn't very often since travel became too complicated / unreliable / expensive depending on my means of transport.  It all used to be so easy and sensibly priced.  :sad: :sad: :sad:
I forgot to mention the real reason I'm chipping in here……   Has anyone had any experience with the new Zimo MS range of decoders ?  From what I've read elsewhere, there are a few issues with them ………   Launched too soon perhaps ?  :roll:

You're absolutely right about supply problems John - I've been searching in vain for some but mainly get "temporarily out of stock".  I wonder how Austria defines "temporary"……….  Having said that, I also get a similar response when looking for a couple of locos I'd quite like ……  We can't blame Ukraine for that can we ?  :roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
[user=2170]Colin W[/user] wrote:
I had an alert from Hattons when they froze shipments via Royal Mail so no doubt there will be another when things resolve themselves (sufficiently) for them to resume. After all it must be impacting their Export business dramatically.
New post today:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail?id=1308

situation almost back to normal.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.