Wainwright D class

Posted
Rating:

Not having much luck.

Hi John,

Taking it in my stride rather than casual: relaxed was what my GP called it yesterday.

I don't mind a spot of red. I haven't touched a drop of anything since D Day  ;-) But who knows. I'm easily pleased, Australian Chateau cardboard does me.

I took on Nigels suggestion about buying a cheap decoder for secondary testing and ordered a Lais Next18 for A$28.50 including postage. I've pretty much decided that if I send it to Zimo, it's best to leave it until the new year.

Thanks for your well wishes.

Cheers Pete.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi John,
Sorry for the tardy reply; I seem to run out of energy really quickly just lately, but I'm expecting that to sort itself out soon enough.
Now for the important stuff.
I heard from RoS who couldn't replicate the fault that fried the decoder. I asked them to check it with a sound decoder wired to a speaker in the tender which is what I did. The answer came back that they'd tried that and it was all OK. I either fixed the problem without realising it when I took it apart or it was a faulty decoder. Anyway, they're sending it back to me and I'll test a cheap Lais decoder on the tester and then put that in before putting another Zimo decoder in… after testing that as well.
I have to say that I'm pleased with the way RoS handled this, as in the 02 thread. It was frustrating, but not their fault for faulty loco's.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
I haven't yet sent (or made up my mind whether to or not) the decoder back to Zimo, but things have developed with the kidney problem. My doc told me that my potassium levels were too high, which can be very dangerous, so now I'm trying to get them down by eating and drinking low potassium food and drink. My remaining kidney turns out to be not up to scratch. Strangely enough red wine is out but any spirits are in. I can easily do without alcohol but this food malarky's a pain. Yet another blood test tomorrow, hopefully with better news.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Good news! Dapol came through with their offer of half the cost of a decoder. It went into my paypal account today, so I now have a loco that runs very nicely and a couple of bob to put towards something else. Thanks Dapol.

Cheers Pete.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.