Picture of the Month - November

Posted
Rating:
Point taken Barry and that could indeed be one reason for the somewhat poor response for the POTM.

It's something we did years ago and then,  it was well received.  Obviously times, or membership have changed and it's just not working now.

Leaving it to Alan to select our header will still mean we're looking at a favourite picture but one of "his" rather than "ours".  The idea was to try to get member participation.

We're getting neither nominations in any quantity and therefore, no voting either.

For those reading this, let's see if we can go out with a bang - lots of nominations and lots of voting……… :cheers.

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
First of all……thank you for nominating the picture of Granby then counting all the votes!:lol: .
Secondly thank you for working so hard to try and revive what used to be a very popular feature of YMR
 I am afraid I have to agree with you that it is time to call it a day and revert to Alan making a selection each month.  Its very disappointing that the response has been so poor…….rather than increase member participation it seems to have highlighted a trend towards diminishing involvement across the board. Its quite sad…..I do hope YMR doesnt wither away.

On that cheerful note I am off to take a load of photos of the finished building which I hope to post later this week.

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
[user=434]John Dew[/user] wrote:
…………………………………………………….

On that cheerful note I am off to take a load of photos of the finished building which I hope to post later this week.

And I for one, can't wait !!!

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I have to agree with Barry - I have refrained from voting for a POTM because I remember only too well the upset and problems in the past that were caused by introducing voting and competition. No matter how innocuous and innocent, when it comes down to making a 'choice' someone will be upset.
We lost a lot of talented members in the past - some returned, thankfully.
It's Alans' site, so I'm happy for him to choose - or even stick a pin in a list…
I shall now retreat! :pedal

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I too remember the problems we had years ago, just a few took part & I too, are happy for Alan to do the selection from the huge list available over the many years.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Whaat's the verdict? what do you want me to do?

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
I’d like it to continue, but Its the overhead you guys take in time to keep on top of it. 

Posted
Rating:
Whilst I think a few of us would like it to continue Chris, the general consensus is that Alan makes the selection.

Certainly judging from those selecting and voting, that would seem to be the case - very few of us get involved..

The December photo will therefore be the last one nominated and voted for by the members - over to you from January onwards Alan.  :cool wink

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I agree - Alans the man!

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
I can choose it but Matt will have to upload it due to the forum changes.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
That's fine Alan.  :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Can I make a possible suggestion ?  Alan you do a Jigsaw each week.  How about  you put up the Jigsaw on one Saturday and the following Saturday We change the Picture of the week to whatever last weeks Jigsaw was ?
It means your only having to source ONE picture and as peeps see what the previous Jigsaw choices were it might encourage a few more to have a go at them 

Just a thought 

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Well done Pike Matt, I was just waiting for someone to think of that!

:thumbs

Bill

Last edit: by Longchap

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Yes Bill, Alan has put a lot of effort into keeping the Jigsaws going and most of the members never see them so I think its a way to kill two birds with one stone !  It doesn't have to be one week, we could post each one up two weeks later, but I think a week gives those who DO the Jigsaw time to complete it and then we get to see Alan's choice  :thumbs
Just a thought 

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
I've done that a couple of times already

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Just as long as I still get to do a jigsaw every week .......................... :hmm :cool wink

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.