Picture of the Month - November

Posted
Rating:
#260828 (In Topic #14231)
Please enter your selection for the November Picture of the Month in this thread.

Where has the year gone ?

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Let's get the competition going with this wonderful photo of 'Mr. Bean'.

Cheers,
Claus
www.flickr.com/photos/ellef/

Posted
Rating:
[user=2172]Claus Ellef[/user] wrote:
Let's get the competition going with this wonderful photo of 'Mr. Bean'.

Ha! Thank you for the vote! 

Posted
Rating:
My vote is for Ian's little garden in Jencaster. Simple and very effective.

Last edit: by TeaselBay

Posted
Rating:
My selection this month is from John Dew's wonderful Granby layout.

This shot simply oozes the atmosphere one would expect from a busy station throat.

It can be found here:  https://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=5500&forum_id=21&page=159#p305046

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
This ought to have been posted a week ago but, as I'm not at home, my mind was on other things - sorry !!

You have just a day or two remaining to vote or post your choice for the November Picture of the Month.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
This ought to have been posted a week ago but, as I'm not at home, my mind was on other things - sorry !!
How dare you have a life outside of the forum! :mutley

It’s a quiet one this month. 

Posted
Rating:
 :mutley :mutley

I'm not having a "life" outside the forum Chris, I'm house sitting with a dog who misses her Mum so is about as animated as a blown decoder !!

They're back on Monday so by that night  I'll have the list of jobs that Liz has been building whilst I've been away.  Peace and quiet will be but a memory ………………………..

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Rushing this in to the editor before the deadline ( apologies its been a pretty hectic month here)

How could I resist !

From Penhale to Waddlemarsh, She don't arf get around  ;-)

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
My selection, the Granby Jct pic.

Now if Mr Bean and the Mermaid were in the same shot that'd be a contender………… but sadly not.

Colin

Posted
Rating:

Works for me  :thumbs

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
[user=2080]Barchester[/user] wrote:
Rushing this in to the editor before the deadline ( apologies its been a pretty hectic month here)

How could I resist !

From Penhale to Waddlemarsh, She don't arf get around  ;-)
Sorry Matt - that looks far too much like a Page 3 photo and, as I find such photos offend my strict upbringing, I'm going to have to disqualify it ……………………. :Red Card

p.s. Have you got any more like that…………………….you know my private e-mail address :cool wink

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I've had to ask for help doing the count this month but finally, after several recounts, our selection for November is from John Dew's Granby layout.  I have to say, very  well deserved (but then I would wouldn't I,  as one of his greatest fans) :

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Interesting to note that 360 views generated just 4 selections.   :roll:

The bulk of our membership has voted with it's feet so maybe it's time to call this idea a day at the end of the year and revert to having our leader select his choice …………………… :hmm

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
That is a shame. 

Posted
Rating:
It seems we're doing it for half a dozen of us Chris and, without nominations, it's pointless.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I know. I was saying it’s a shame it had such a low turn out. It’s a good idea. 

Posted
Rating:
Well as I write this, there are 36 guests viewing the forum and just one member, moi! This probably goes a long way in explaining not so much membership apathy, but a healthy interest in railway modelling generally.

I like membership participation, it's good for the forum, so please don't give up on us yet Peter, as you still have much to do  ;-)

Best,

Bill

Edit, now 61 guests and 1 member!

Last edit: by Longchap

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Oh I'm certainly not giving up on the forum Bill, just the current method of choosing our POTM.

The Member Nomination system has been running for over a year now and instead of it developing member participation, which was the whole idea in the first place, interest in it is now almost non-existant. 

I tend to think there comes a time when one has to accept "this parrot is dead" ……………….  :roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Peter

I can only speak for me but I really struggle with a competitive element of railway modelling and even something as simple as a picture "competition" leaves me fearful of looking like its a judgement of some kind.

I know that might appear a bit over the top but I have liked 99% of the pictures proposed and have refrained from voting because I genuinely dont want to pick one above another.

Railway modelling has that beautiful attribute of offering everybody the ability to be correct - whatever we model.  Some like one thing, others another.  No debates, no fights, just a wonderful harmony that allows us to happily live side-by-side (even the green vs red engine brigades!!)

Our POTM vote wont disturb that of course but I would rather just look at all the pictures posted, keep on liking them all and not worry about being judgemental.

Just saying.

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.