Adams 02

Posted
Rating:

Disappointed.

'Con' being the operative word!  Presumably this one is going back too?
Terry
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Yep, went first thing yesterday morning. Bachmann H2 class reserved for when the refund is back in my account.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
I hope that you asked for return postage x 2.
Terry

Posted
Rating:
[user=711]col.stephens[/user] wrote:
Terry
Certainly did.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
[user=1120]peterm[/user] wrote:
[user=711]col.stephens[/user] wrote:
Terry
Certainly did.

Yes but did you get it ?

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Not yet, but don't worry, I will. I was known as British bull dog when I was on the buses. Nothing if not tenacious.  :)

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
:mutley :mutley :mutley

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Did you see my other thread about the Wainwright D class? Talk about a tale of woe.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Well all's well that ends well. I asked for an H2 South Foreland by Bachmann to be put aside for me when they'd finished with the 02 which I'd given up on. They did this and it's now on it's way to me. So, praise when it's deserved. I'm pleased with the way that they handled this and hope it doesn't have any repercussions for anyone else with distance selling.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Some time ago I read a topic over in the other place where quality issues were being moaned about discussed and someone supposedly in the know, quoted a surprisingly large percentage of sales that go straight to buyers' "collections cabinet" or just stay in the box.

If true, no wonder that 1) manufacturers can get away repeatedly with poor designs then poor QA 2) box shifters clip the tickets on so much volume - "thank you very much" and along with the manufacturers adsorb the pain when some customer has the temerity to "complain". #

"Complaints, pah, what do customers think they're doing?" - "they're disrupting the smooth running of our business model".

As you can guess I'm more than a little scarred by having similar problems to Peter with nearly 50% of the modest fleet of new locos I've purchased since returning to the hobby. TBH among my loco purchases, pre-owned from Hattons have been by far the best which I've acquired and are among my favourites!

# PS. It occurred to me that in a perverse way, and operating in anything but the customers' interests, it might make perfectly good business sense to drive costs down along the whole chain making it easier to sell larger volumes, while being prepared to "manage" problems as arising. Especially true if many buyers don't even realise they have a dud!  Higher costs, higher prices equals less tickets to clip passing thru, no doubt they understand the elasticity of their pricing / volume particularly at the high volume end of the market.

Last edit: by Colin W

Posted
Rating:
Hi Colin,

I understand where you're coming from, but credit where it's due. There were a couple of hiccups along the way, but this is down to manufacturers really. Little if any quality control seems to happen and I think Dave Jones has a lot to answer for as has Dapol for persisting with this method of construction. I hope that the end result is that manufacturers bear the cost of replacement, rather than the retailers.

Excuse me if I've got this all arse uppards.  :)

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
[user=1120]peterm[/user] wrote:
Hi Colin,

I understand where you're coming from, but credit where it's due. There were a couple of hiccups along the way, but this is down to manufacturers really. Little if any quality control seems to happen and I think Dave Jones has a lot to answer for as has Dapol for persisting with this method of construction. I hope that the end result is that manufacturers bear the cost of replacement, rather than the retailers.

Excuse me if I've got this all backside uppards.  :)

Not at all Pete, exactly where I was coming from, the Retailers being purely the conduit in the process.

TBH before your recent experience, I'd been completely happy in all my dealings with Rails and like you I trust they put all costs back to source of the issues.

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.