Screws nuts and washers

Posted
Rating:

Serious stuff to fix, I have the tools but not the screws etc

Funny that DS Bergerac was an Alcoholic - was he named after the region? :off topic

Alan
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=2220]Alan W[/user] wrote:
Funny that DS Bergerac was an Alcoholic - was he named after the region? :off topic

:mutley :mutley :mutley :mutley :mutley

Not sure but in my 20s and early 30s, I had the same car as he had.  :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Petermac.   One of my Imperial Spanner’s fits the grease cap on my continental line trimmer, and I believe that is 7/16”. Having said that my line trimmer is now redundant due to leaving the grass long for the birds etc. As far as car ownership is concerned any chance of me driving a car, or a train, was taken away from me when I became epileptic.   Best wishes Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry.  I don’t know about you, but, I left school when I was fifteen in 1962. No metrification for us at   Peckham Manor!   Best wishes Kevin 

Last edit: by Passed Driver

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
You should try owning a UK car in continental Europe !

I have set of both metric and imperial tools but can never find that 7/16ths spanner !

You mentioned Bergerac wine Kevin - Bergerac is a wine producing "region" (an appellation) and the area produces hundreds, if not thousands of different wines and yes, as we live just 45 minutes drive from Bergerac, we do drink many of their wines.  One of my favourites is "Pecharmant", a very small area just north of Bergerac town.  Not all the good wines are from Bordeaux although maybe most of the really great ones are …..   I'm talking red wines here but I suspect some of the Rhone growers would argue with me ……..
Bordeaux..Only good for dyeing table napkins. Now, St Emilion Lussac, from the cellar as opposed to being served at blood-heat..alongside a filet de chéveau, superb.

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
[user=312]Chubber[/user] wrote:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
You should try owning a UK car in continental Europe !

I have set of both metric and imperial tools but can never find that 7/16ths spanner !

You mentioned Bergerac wine Kevin - Bergerac is a wine producing "region" (an appellation) and the area produces hundreds, if not thousands of different wines and yes, as we live just 45 minutes drive from Bergerac, we do drink many of their wines.  One of my favourites is "Pecharmant", a very small area just north of Bergerac town.  Not all the good wines are from Bordeaux although maybe most of the really great ones are …..   I'm talking red wines here but I suspect some of the Rhone growers would argue with me ……..
Bordeaux..Only good for dyeing table napkins. Now, St Emilion Lussac, from the cellar as opposed to being served at blood-heat..alongside a filet de chéveau, superb.

Hmmm - just because you're an Adnams man …… :mutley

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Doug.  Following on from my previous request, I settled on 4BA countersunk screws nuts and washers, and they have arrived, trouble is that the nuts are of the locking type and jolly awkward to get started on the screw thread .Would some kind member of YMRC please tell me how . Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Kevin

A small adjustable spanner from the PoundShop will be good enough - ideal place to shop for modelling bits and bobs like that.

Barry

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Barry.  Thank you for your reply “. I should be so lucky “, I have tried all sorts, an exact size spanner, desperation turned to frustration, holding the nut with a pair of pliers, even using a small vice. That is the worst thing about online shopping. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Barry.  Thank you for your reply. It would seem that the screws nuts and washers from Amazon were completely different size  from what I was expecting . But, to save Faffing around I “made do”, but I don’t expect that there will be any vibration to loosen the nuts. Best wishes Kevin 

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.